Infected trees

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Were having a big problem with trees being infected by catterpillers here in Norway. Entire trees go white so I went out with my camera to photograph them. Take a look.

www.aleksanderhelgaker.com

It's possible that the link won't work for everyone as I've only just purchased the domain and it might not have been registered with everyones ISP yet.

Dang that is crazy. Cool shots, interesting to see different parts of the world

Oh my, they certainly do cover a lot of the tree. What's the solution...burn off those caterpillar 'nests'? The shots are very good...nice and clear, good dof etc

It looks like the same thing we have in North Carolina. We usually at the first sign of webs break off the limb and burn it. I say burn it because if you just throw it down on the ground then they just climb right back up and do it again. Once it gets to the infestation in those pictures....there is no return

We don't really have all that much experience with this kind of thing in Norway so I don't think the government was prepeared for this. I've been surfing the web to try and find out more about this problem, but I havn't really found much info on it. Does anyone know if there is a name for this kind of thing? I'd like to try and find out more about it. I seem to have read somewhere that this only effects one kind of tree, but as the gallery I posted shows, it's also transfered to a bush that was standing next to the tree.

Most reactions

Back