Infidelity

omeletteman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This photo was taken for a newspaper column in my school newspaper (check it out- www.theathonline.ca ). Basically, the column is about cheating, so me and my friend who wrote it (the guy in the picture) wanted to take a cool photo to run alongside it. Our newspaper has zero budget, and therefore has no lighting equipment of any kind, so this was done just with the use of a large window as light. I wanted to take it at night as I thought that would give it a bit of a darker mood, the downside of course being that there wasnt really any light. Anyways, I'd love to hear peoples thoughts and definately any advice.

4byx4d3.jpg

Oh I should also say, just for interests sake, that this was my very first time taking a conceptual picture of people, not just a posed picture of a person, or a candid/spontaneous shot of people.

Thanks for looking.

I like the mood, it is dark and seems to fit what you were going for.

I'm not sure I understand it completely though...although I may be a little thick :? Is the guy cheating on one of the girls? If so, why are the girls holding hands? Or is one girl cheating on the other?

By the looks of it, the girl is cheat on the guy with another girl?

I really like it though. I love the mood and emotion it shows. A few spots are a bit too dark and the black bleeds but as you said, you didn't have a budget for lighting.

Great job. I'd love to see more of these shots.

thanks for your comments guys.

The girl is cheating on the guy with another girl. We wanted to do it that way so it wasn't so stereotypical: "guys cheat on girls."

I understood it right away, too.
And you achieved the "nighttime mood", although you took it at day time. Good!
And I like how the one girl stands in the darkness but her face gets all illuminated by the window light that puts the couple reasonably well into the light, but the cheater's face is all black. So :thumbup: all the way! This is good.

I too understood it right away. I really liked this photo. It told a story to me........."DON'T CHEAT"!

I think it is a great concept. I also think that because the cheater's face is dark (i know it is because her back was to the window light but still) it makes a huge impact on the photo...kind of a deeper meaning lies in it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back