Info on the New York Institute of Photography?

EYEAM4ANARCHY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kellywpatterson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

I've been looking to enroll in some sort of online or mail based photography instruction because I travel alot for work and therefore cannot attend an actual physical school. I came across the NYIP and I've read some good things about it. I ordered their enrollment package and I've pretty much made up my mind to enroll, but I was just curious if anybody here had some knowledge of or personal experience with the NYIP.

Any feedback regarding the worth and quality of their photography progam would be very welcome.

If you search the forums, you will find a few threads with just what you're looking for. :) Welcome, by the way. :)

Eric.

Hi there,

I've been looking to enroll in some sort of online or mail based photography instruction because I travel alot for work and therefore cannot attend an actual physical school. I came across the NYIP and I've read some good things about it. I ordered their enrollment package and I've pretty much made up my mind to enroll, but I was just curious if anybody here had some knowledge of or personal experience with the NYIP.

Any feedback regarding the worth and quality of their photography progam would be very welcome.

I'm actually enrolled in it. The course materials are informative sometimes repetitive. I will say I learned a decent bit of new techniques, they did explain a lot of questions I had deep down inside that I was to lazy to ask or search for. some one mentioned you have to be self motivated to complete the course, that is an entirely accurate statement. I am actually on my last unit, and I honestly think I could have saved a few hundred dollars by just sticking to YouTube or this forum. However you do get an instructor (all have pretty substantial photog backgrounds) who will pretty much give you one on one reviews of the images you submit and they do make sense and it does help out when you do actual photo shoots. as opposed to this forums "everyone has there own opinion" of what they would have done. Me personally I enjoyed the course it did help me a lot and once I get my "accredited" certificate it will justify why I can charge a significant amount of money per photo shoot.

All up to you tho, most of the students actually get really good jobs as photos after they complete the course

Btw I'm in the military so pretty much same reason why I enrolled

Most reactions

New Topics

Back