Information age -- GAH!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:gah: :gah: :gah:

Its the information age alright - the age of misinformation!
try to plan a simple journey - from A to B

that is from train station to zoo - but look at this:
http://www.totallywild.net/portlympne/index.php?p=Plan_Your_Day&sub=Find_Us_and_Opening_Times

now find the link to the google map to the place and then set it to satellite view to realise that its not a zoo its taking you to - but an industrial estate!

but thats ok - you can see the zoo only a short way down that road - so things are still ok. Now for the rout - well the website says 20mins busride on the number 10
Check this with the google rout finder and yes the number 10 does do that rout -- in 57mins........
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...ent+CT21+4LR,+UK&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=16&iwloc=addr

Its enough to make one give up!...........

or at least leave it another day so that one can phone round all these places to get the correct times!
oh and later findings (online) hint that whilst the bus might get me to the zoo it might not get me back till we are back on BST (British Summer Time)

sigh - methinks its a day delayed and spent phoning..........

from what I hear about that place is that its a joke for photos, hope I'm wrong but search websites for marwell, london zoo, cotswild, bwc etc etc and you'll find loads of good shots but search for Port Lympne and you will not find many

Interesting point though I found London zoo pretty poor when I went ;)
though the dull weather might have not been helping things.....

hmmm Marwell........

Interesting point though I found London zoo pretty poor when I went ;)
though the dull weather might have not been helping things.....

hmmm Marwell........

I've tons of good shots from London Zoo.
Marwell is good but a looooooooooooooooong way from the Winchester Station, but if you do go say hello to Sam, she looks after the Lemurs

I guess I just find it too concrety for my liking ;)

and yah its 1 hour 30 mins walking distance - way too far and the weekend busses seem to be erratic at best. A cab might be the only way I think. The only downside to that is getting back from the place - guess I have to take the mobile phone
*dusts the thing off and charges it*

oh on another topic LP do you stock waterproof stuff in reading for cameras? (preferably those that allow an oncamera flash as well?)

hmm well with the 580M2 being watersealed (least according to the packaging ;)) one could use the first with a hole in the top for the flash. Might be I come down tomorrow - I think sunday traveling might be the best - one bus company has 3 buses on that day whilst 1 on saturday just depends on the times = either way the taxi will cost the same!
and that other thread about the place reminds me - what is your circular polarizer stock like (for the 70-200mm f2.8 filter size)
*yes its torment the attendant one question at a time evening = or my mind is being slow evening*

C-Pol's at this time of night?? Ummmm... should have hoya standard and pro maybe a B+W and maybe some used ones as for prices, i dunno but i'll check tomorrow if i remember

of course - this is the only time you get those annoying reflections of the moon on water ;)
methinks I will come down tomorrow and pester you - - if I am to get up at 6am to get to either place (Marwell has no wolves -- thats its problem - I am so torn) I want to at least know what I am doing at the other end - so it means phoning round tomorrow to check bus times - if not finding a local cab firm and getting their number

No-one said is was the correct information age.

Handy thread this. It's inspired me to go out and use the camera today. I jsut need to find somewhere free!

600mm lens + 2* teleconverter
then go stand outside the entrace to the zoo (or round the edge) and shoot in.
You might need a stepladder since some have boarded walls.

ahh but there is still tomorrow!

and I found out that I get a whole extra hour in bed if I go to Marwell :) only got to be up a 7am!

Most reactions

Back