Infra red film...Infra red digital?

ksmattfish said:
I've seen examples of this with other Canon 35mm AF SLRs (not this particular model), and the fogging was minimal. It was mostly around the sprockets, and intruded into the negative only a mm or 2.

Some labs use machines with internal IR lights.

You rekon its worth the risk and I should try it?

Artemis said:
You rekon its worth the risk and I should try it?

Well, it can only cost you the roll of film and developing costs. If you aren't doing it yourself you can get it developed only with no prints, and then see what the damage looks like on the negs.

Artemis said:
Hmm...guess its worth a try...:) Just ive never seen a roll of infra red film about in shops before :p

They keep it in the refrigerator. You probably won't find it anyplace except a pro lab, but you can order it from Freestyle.

To make a cheap IR filter buy a roll of 120 size E6, and have them develop it as is. It'll come out as a wide strip of dark plastic. Cut out the size of filter you need and attach it to a UV filter or something. It blocks most of the visible light, but not so much IR. To get even more effect use a double layer.

Put a double layer of developed E6 in a mini softbox on your flash, no filter on the lens, and shoot IR flash photography in low light. If you tape up the softbox good enough there will be almost no visible flash, but plenty of IR flash.

Most reactions

Back