Infrared via Digital Camera and #87 IR filter

Ariadne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
2409DSCN8135wc_3_yel_cabs.jpg

Nikon E5700, internal #87 IR filter, ISO 100, f/4.7, 1/125 sec.
PS7, desaturated, returned to RGB, levels, contrast, sharpen, resize

Took this on my first excited outing with my new Canon 1D. Packed up all my lenses, etc., into my camera knapsack and. at the last minute, tucked in the IR camera. Good thing, because when we got to the Botanical Gardens, I realized I FORGOT THE 1D!!! LOL! Good thing I had the IR camera because I whipped it out, shot this in the parking lot, and turned around and went home for the 1D. It turns out to be one of my fave IR shots.

i really like the look of IR!!! good work!!!!

and welcome to the forum by the way!!

md

Nice crispy shot Ariadne. I hate to say it, but the composition is a little bland for my taste. I don't see a real focus point. Maybe if you had vertically framed it and gotten closer to the cars.

Your story is funny though. I have a similar one. I went to a favorite local pond of mine to try and find some dragonflies to shoot, and I got out, walked up to the pond, and then realized I had no memory with me. Both of my cards (1g and 512mb) were at home on my desk.

MDowdey, thanks--you are too kind. :wink: Thanks for all your help, too.

Digital Matt said:
Nice crispy shot Ariadne. I hate to say it, but the composition is a little bland for my taste. I don't see a real focus point. Maybe if you had vertically framed it and gotten closer to the cars.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment, Matt. And you don't ever need to "hate to say it" to me. I'm here to learn, and I want the truth. I'm attached to this photo in one way, but it isn't the usual thing I shoot, so I'm not sure about it, also. Good to hear your honest opinion.

Your story is funny though. I have a similar one. I went to a favorite local pond of mine to try and find some dragonflies to shoot, and I got out, walked up to the pond, and then realized I had no memory with me. Both of my cards (1g and 512mb) were at home on my desk.

LOL! I'll bet every one of us has had something like this happen at least once.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back