INFRARED!

hmmm, Jeff, I like the EIR with the orange filter best, I think....I have one roll of this stuff to try and have been wondering which filter.... the top one has a "PS" look to it I don't care for, but the bottom actually looks like IR. It's a cool shot, too, btw. :thumbup: Great sky for IR. note to self: orange filter....

I'd post good old HIE stuff in here, but I'm afraid I'd get bounced out. ;)

woodsac said:
PS IR...does this count?

No, IMO this is more of the “Sabatier Effect”, the partial inverting of image for a positive to negative. A similar effect but different is “Solarization”. Unfortunately I can’t find a good definition of solarization. You may have some of that effect too.

Jeff Canes said:
No, IMO this is more of the “Sabatier Effect”, the partial inverting of image for a positive to negative. A similar effect but different is “Solarization”. Unfortunately I can’t find a good definition of solarization. You may have some of that effect too.
Agreed. I think there are steps to get something that remotely resembles real IR in PS, but I've never seen it done well. Usually it just ends up looking like another tricked-up PS thingy.

Study some images shot with HIE to get a feel for what true IR should look like. :) Or better yet...learn to shoot it. It's fascinating stuff!

EIR C-41 process , filter likely orange

116-ir-02-0034-12.jpg

EIR E-6 process , orange filter
116-File3313-02.jpg

EIR C-41 process ,yellow filter
116-ir-01-0020-012.jpg

Most reactions

Back