Inkjet papers

russellsnr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Again, Not sure if this should have been in the darkroom forum but anyway, just wondering from those of you who print your own photo's on an inkjet photo printer what kind of paper you find gives the best results. I have an Epson 900 photo & use Ilford Glossy paper 1440dpi 238gsm but although new to printing my own, I feel the outcome does not look quite A1 don't no what's missing just not A1. suppose or hope I will get better with time & practice. Please just give your thoughts on the paper you use.
Thanks.

I have not made many comparisons so this is not that informed an opinion. I use an HP 940C inkjet, not too expensive and not made for photos. With this printer I have found that the HP Premium and Premium Plus papers gives the best results. That may be because the printer properties let you select for one of those specific papers so the printing is closely calibrated to the paper used. I really like the color prints I get but a side by side comparison with an Epson Photo Printer showed they weren't quite as good as that. Pretty good though.

It might be that using an Epson paper that the printer is specifically designed for would give you better results, even if the paper itself is the same or slightly lesser quality.

I use a Canon S900 and I've tried some brands of paper other than Canon (read "cheaper") but I've never found anything that works anywhere near as good as the Canon stuff.
I suggest you buy some of the Epson paper and try it because as Drdan suggests the printer is undoubtedly optimized for it's own paper.

Most reactions

Back