Input needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Picksure, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

O.K. time to ask for a little advice.
    Had a job interview yesterday, thought it went well. When I got home , had a message that I could start Monday am. Here is my problem. The job is with a building supply company and the job is full time. The starting wage is hardly enough to get by on with a family($10.00/hr).

I do expect another interview this week and have a couple other leads. Should Picksure take the job and get back to work, and look further for work and have to quit on the people who thought they had a permanent employee(if somethong better comes up) The pay goes up slowly with this place, and I fell I can do better. Or should I get off my butt and get back to work.

Any tips, input or advice would be greatly appreciated. To be honest, I couldnt sleep last night and need to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.........John

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Can you afford to wait for another job to come along? If not, I'd say take the job, and keep looking...once you get a better one, quit.

3. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

in this day and age, it is becoming more and more common to be a "renegade" when it comes to job. alot of employers are understanding this. i say take the job, make the money, and wait for something better. but that is easier said than done. you might even start a bidding war :):)

4. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    $10 per hour? damn... If you were here you'd be given $4-$5 and hour. I know that those are completely different realies but I'd go for it and try the job.

5. Picksure

Picksure TPF Noob!

core, yes I am in the position to wait. I'm getting about the same right now compared to what they have offered. The "Employment Insurance" I am getting will last about 6 more months.

MD, I like the idea, but the fear of it backfiring, scares me. :)

The one thing I forgot to mention, a friend has helped me out to get the interview and I dont want it to seem like a slap in the face. :confused:

I think what I will do is go in Monday, very early and ask for a couple days to think about it, and to wait for the other call I expect. The answer they give me for this may even help my decision.

Damn, I hope I can sleep tonight. :)

Thanks, John.

6. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Unfortunately, I've been tainted by the business world as well....and I have no fear that a company would be fine with getting rid of you quickly if the need were to come along. So, I say, take the job so you have some guaranteed income, hope for the best, and if something better comes along...grab it!