Leigh Wanstead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.smootharm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMGA6179.jpg
Shot 1/2 seconds f1.7 around 8pm using panasonic nv-gs400 photo mode on a tripod by wired remote control.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Regards
Leigh

what moved in the middle of the frame? oh... maybe it's a person waving at u?

was it shot in near dark conditions? it's quite dim for .5 second exposure.

what were you trying to capture in this photo? or were u just experimenting with longer exposures?

meotter said:
what moved in the middle of the frame? oh... maybe it's a person waving at u?

was it shot in near dark conditions? it's quite dim for .5 second exposure.

what were you trying to capture in this photo? or were u just experimenting with longer exposures?

It was a man in the middle of the frame, at the right side was a dog. Both were moving to the right side of the frame.

I saw the legs of the dog and was facinated... But then I like that kind of thing. I actually like the shot quite a bit. It has a lot going for it. Mood for one thing. the moving dog looks like a whisp of a supernatural spirit. I like the spot of 'real' light in the upper left and I have no idea except that it seems to ground the shot. The street light going red is a nice touch since mostly they are orange or green. Its an interesting combination of colors and mood.

Not sure a parking lot would be my first choice but I do really like the mood of it enough to overlook the mundane. I like the I seen a ghost feel about it.

Torus34 said:
What were you trying to do?

I have changed my swimming on the beach time one hour later compare to my usual time. Usually I shot sunset, but one hour later the sunset was gone. There was no subject matter and I feel boring, so I try to experience longest explosure time for my camera, which 1/2 seonds is the longest for nv-gs400 minidv camera. I thought it was cool to have a dog passing in front of my lense.;)

The sad thing is the dog and the man not bright enough to get noticed.

Anyway it was quite fun.:wink:

Regards
Leigh

Most reactions

New Topics

Back