Insane birth video

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by DIRT, Jun 15, 2005.

1. DIRT

DIRT TPF Noob!

Okay so, me and the wife are kinda like hippies when it comes to our babies and birth etc... and my wife ordered a video and its crazy. It is a woman having an unassisted homebirth with twins and the second baby is breach! the woman is mellow thru the whole thing too.

2. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    All I can say is that wouldn't be me! :lol:

3. LilCujo

LilCujo the quiet troublemaker! Supporting Member

I hear ya Alison...I would have to say "knock me out, wake me when its done".

4. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Some words of encouragement. My wife was in final stages of labour (the pushey bit!) for just over 5 minutes after contractions for 4 hours.

None the less whatever time it takes it's totally amazing!

5. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    This is my 3rd pregnancy so I know every labor is quite different. My first was about 32 hours long, with 2 1/2 of pushing. The second was 9 hours and I didn't even have to push, he did it all on his own. Glad your wife had an easy labor, she's a lucky lady :D

6. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yep & I'm a lucky man! (no crushed hand or black eye!):lovey:

I'm amazed that women have more than 1 child! After seing my sons head crowning I'm now a bit intimidated by her! I could chew my own leg off & I bet it wouldn't hurt as much!

Serious respect!:thumbup:

7. Alison

Photos OK to edit
    Women suffer from a disorder called pregnancy and birth amnesia. As soon as the baby is born we forget completely what it was like to be pregnant or give birth. The pain is forgotten and if we were sick during the pregnancy that vanishes as well. If this disorder did not occur everyone would be an only child :mrgreen:

In actuality, it's pain with a purpose. Once that baby is born the pain stops (for the most part) and most women realize that what we go through to bring a child into the world is a very tiny part of a whole new person's life and so in the scheme of things it's all worth it. But, having a supportive partner during pregnancy and labor isn't to be downplayed. In many way's it's harder on men because they aren't quite sure what to do and they often end up with a very changed person on their hands.

8. lizheaemma

lizheaemma TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Alison- you'll likely go fast with your third!:wink:
    My first was a section (footling breech)
    second was about 5 hours
    third was about 2.5 from start of regular contractions but keep in mind that fast is too fast for any pain meds:meh:.

9. DIRT

DIRT TPF Noob!

my youngest daughter was born at home, in a pool and it was AMAZING, I do not like the hospital environment and how doctors just "tell" the woman some BS like "oh well the baby is too big and we need to perform a c-section." the baby is cut out of the mother and it is only like 6 or 7 pounds, doctors push agendas. and formula companies make a great killing by having hospitals endorse their garbage and they give the new moms a bunch of formula and bottles and junk. In america today it is frightening how few mothers even Attempt to breastfeed a newborn.

10. lizheaemma

lizheaemma TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    In a perfect world we could all give birth in our homes! Hospitals are certainly not very warm and inviting evniroments. Luckly though in instances like the birth of my first daughter who if delivered feet first with out medical intervention would have strangled and I would most likley have had serious complications, they are there! Hospitals are very frusterating in their policies and tend to have the fastest solution in mind. They are typically not great at supposrting breast feeding mothers expecially if their are complications but if the mom is determined then she can stand her ground and still have her rights respected. All of my daughters where breast fed for the first year even though they were all born in the hospital and where very different types of births.

Though I agree with you that hospitals may not be the the gentlist of birthing locations, they are the best and safest place for some births, as breast feeding might not be the best choice for all mothers. A mother's needs to make the choices that are going to make it the best experience for her and if she is going to develope a more loving and close relationship through enjoing bottle feeding her vs a painful and challenging breast feeding experience that I feel that that is the right choice for her.

Mothers need to be educated about the great benifits of breast feeding but also never to be made to feel like they are a failure if it's not the right choice for them.

Wow, I think that this is my longest post ever!:meh:
    I hope that I made some sense!

11. PlasticSpanner

PlasticSpanner TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What a difference! My son was born at Macclesfield, Cheshire in UK and the staff in the hospital were fantastic!

We had all the time in the world and they pretty much left us to it with our own little birthing room with en-suite and TV! A young nurse came round every now and again and she'd fetch us tea, coffee and toast!

My son was born in the early hours of the morning and it was so quiet and calm it realy added to the moment!

Also the staff paid loads of attention and were very helpful when it came to breastfeeding! My son was more interested in sleeping than feeding and they knew loads of tricks to encourage him!

Macclesfield Maternity Unit! :hail:

12. DIRT

DIRT TPF Noob!

Perhaps the UK is different, Or I just had a bad experience but I felt rushed and the dr. kept suggesting induction and c-sect.