5)
Picture018.jpg

6)
Picture020.jpg

7)
0007cropped.jpg

8.)
2006_0318Image0001.jpg

How DO you folks get into these abandoned buildings?
It would not be possible here in Germany.
Fences and all would secure them so no one can gain access to them (and I think I'd be too afraid to go into something this creepy, anyway, though the photos here are super interesting!!!!!)

I especially like 2, 4 and 5 and 8. Whoa. I have goosebumps all over now.

I love exploring stuff like this there used to be a place in NJ that you could go to but they knocked it down and built.............. You guessed it... More houses. Where is this located? Great pics by the way.

If there are fences, you climb them. Then you just find the open window or door, and try and dodge security and the police. Its located in New England, and thats all I will say.

GrayFox said:
If there are fences, you climb them. Then you just find the open window or door, and try and dodge security and the police. Its located in New England, and thats all I will say.
Just a word of advice, though: While urban exploration is fun and exciting, and is, in a sense, civil disobediance (you're tresspassing in a place that nobody really cares about, so what's the harm) it can be very dangerous. Two or three people in their early to mid 20s have died in the same abandoned grain elevator in the Minneapolis area. Several have died in the caves in the bluffs overlooking St Paul. Floors that look solid sometimes aren't, caves and tunnels can flood with water rapidly, walls can collapse, and feet can slip. I'm not trying to be a Nervous Nelly here, nor am I trying to proselytize. I'd just hate to see fellow TPFers get seriously hurt for a photograph.

Oh, and for prospective urban explorers, one more bit of advice: damage no property, steal nothing, and leave only footprints. Never "break and enter." One of the only reasons that many of these exploration sites still exist for the daring to see is because we respect the site we are exploring.:mrgreen:

ah, the ever attractive photo martyr, die for a photo. I JUST SAW PHOTOGRAPHS IN A MAGAZINE FROM THIS EXACT BUILDING i think, did you find a place with lots of file cabinets on either side of the room. also, a cooridor with windows on either side, with broken windows and plants starting to come in one side? I'll post back about it tomorrow when i have the mag.

good job by the way

great shots, each one seems like it has so much to tell. That looks like it would be an amazing place to shoot for those who dare. I'm glad you dared.

nealjpage said:
Just a word of advice, though: While urban exploration is fun and exciting, and is, in a sense, civil disobediance (you're tresspassing in a place that nobody really cares about, so what's the harm) it can be very dangerous. Two or three people in their early to mid 20s have died in the same abandoned grain elevator in the Minneapolis area. Several have died in the caves in the bluffs overlooking St Paul. Floors that look solid sometimes aren't, caves and tunnels can flood with water rapidly, walls can collapse, and feet can slip. I'm not trying to be a Nervous Nelly here, nor am I trying to proselytize. I'd just hate to see fellow TPFers get seriously hurt for a photograph.
I've had my fair share of injuries doing this, and I have gotten seriously injured for a picture. However it is a risk that I am willing, and have taken. Also it is illegal, most usually tresspassing, and I have had my run ins with the law. However I just needed to prove that I was guilty of nothing more than curiosity and photography.

There is something about #2 that I really like, maybe it's the lighting or the splash of color from the Window. Great!

Most reactions

Back