Insert catchy c&c name

Inst!nct

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying out some new stuff with bokeh, or selective focusing on the second one, opinions?

4116572930_4f7033083e_b.jpg

4116572894_497d75851f_b.jpg

4116572964_0fda92f41f_b.jpg

I really dig #1. There might be a little bit of room to crop some space to the left but it's nice and creamy bokeh. The subject is nice and simple there is a tiny piece cut off on the right but it's nothing to bad. Nice pic i like it.
2 has nice DOF but i feel like there is too much space around it and the subject is kind of left out over there. Did you bump up the blacks in this one? Maybe decrease by like 1 or 2 and see what you get. Maybe a nice crop or just try to go in tighter next time as well.
Overall nice job. GL nice pictures
tj

Alright thanks a lot tj k, ill definetly try bumping down the blacks, i generally over do that.. i like the contrasty look, but it is a bit overkill ;), ill do that after making this watermark for photos

Alright thanks a lot tj k, ill definetly try bumping down the blacks, i generally over do that.. i like the contrasty look, but it is a bit overkill ;), ill do that after making this watermark for photos

Alright cool. Ya when i first put Lightroom on here i would over do the blacks and saturation and all that but started bringing them down for a more subtle look and like it much more. GL w/ the watermark.
tj

I like them all...#1 is there a reason you cut a tiny piece off of the leaf on the right side? :lol: #3 I think would be cool if the focus was on the heart shape. I like the texture of the wood? If that's a wooden chair or my eyes are jacked! I wanted to see the EXIF data to see what settings you used though. Did you use your 18-55 or 70-300? Nice job though.

DOF on 2 is nice, where did you find such evenly cut grass hahaha!

Tyvm all, well a bit of explanation, for the first image, i took into account the 10% of the sensor which doesnt shot in the viewefinder on the xti, and turns out its a bit cut out, didn't notice that previously, will try to redo that shot.

For the second, that's my yard :)

And the third, yes that is a wooden *bench* not chair ;), close though, i also didn't want to have the heart TOO much in focus, that's not my style, i like a little mystery, if that explains anything, just dont want it to stand out like boom.

Image #1 has some potential. A kind word of advise... If your're going to place your main subject off center, either keep it inside your frame (ie; the leaf stem) or crop the image more and remove the leaf stem. as it is, your crop is in no mans land... with the leaf stem leading your eye right out of the photograph. Not trying to be cruel, just helpful!

Image #1 has some potential. A kind word of advise... If your're going to place your main subject off center, either keep it inside your frame (ie; the leaf stem) or crop the image more and remove the leaf stem. as it is, your crop is in no mans land... with the leaf stem leading your eye right out of the photograph. Not trying to be cruel, just helpful!

hum, how could ihave kept the leaf without the stem? quite confused :blushing:

Most reactions

Back