Inside a Nokon.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Our little Nikon gave up the ghost after my wife used it out in the rain a few months ago. Before I am to discard it I thought it would be interesting to see what it looked like inside. Some of you may also be interested to see the "Guts".

08-01-1.jpg

Imagine what the inside of that new D3x must look like! Can't see anyone dumping 8 grand just to bust the thing apart though. Haha.

Wow.

Makes me want to permanently ditch my K100D for my K1000- less to go wrong and easier to fix.

Where does the film go? :lol:

A few years ago, I saw a great thread somewhere. Someone had dropped a Canon 20D into the ocean which killed the camera...so he decided to dissect the entire thing. He took it apart, piece by piece and took photos at every step. It was very interesting.

Where does the film go? :lol:

A few years ago, I saw a great thread somewhere. Someone had dropped a Canon 20D into the ocean which killed the camera...so he decided to dissect the entire thing. He took it apart, piece by piece and took photos at every step. It was very interesting.

You should do that, take it apart in more depth. Might be interesting to see how the different parts of the camera interact with each other. Not everyday you have a camera to bust apart.

You have started something. Please take more of it apart and take pics along the way. Cool, thanks for sharing.:mrgreen::thumbup:

you should take some cool artsy pictures of this thing

Before I am to discard

Please discard this responsibly. It contains a lot of toxins. Here's a potential short list:

Barium Can cause intestinal illness or muscular weakness
Beryllium
Can cause damage to the bones or cause cancer
Cadmium Can cause kidney, liver, bone, and blood damage
Hexavalent chromium
Can cause liver, kidney, and nerve tissue damage

Lead
Can cause vascular and kidney disease or brain disorders in children
Mercury Can cause kidney damage
Phosphorus
Can irritate skin and eyes

Brominated flame retardants (BFRs) Can disrupt the endocrine system

Might be best to wait for hazardous electronics/household compounds day and discard it then. Please do not place it in the rubbish! You might want to think about sealing it in a plastic bag in the interim now that you've cracked the case open.

Seaain

Where are all the little gnomes that look through the glass and paint the pictures they see?

Most reactions

Back