Inside peek at a photo shoot

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a quick inside peek at a photo shoot I did yesterday with a buddy of mine. We were helping out another friend who has a clothing business by shooting some fashion shots for her catalog. We had a great time, as usual. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet dude. I wish I had that setup. lol.
I'm glad you guys like the video. :)

Brian, the cost of doing what you see there isn't really all that bad. I use Alien Bee lights which are quite affordable. The studio space is rented and when you go in with a buddy it's not all that expensive either.

The fun factor of photography goes up 100% once you get into studio lighting and working with models. :) At least it did for me. Oh, and the models came from Model Mayhem - they didn't cost me anything other than my pictures (trade for pictures arrangement).

Who provided the MUA's? You guys or the models?
We did. We put out casting calls on MM for both models and MUA's. I have a couple of MUA's I normally work with, but they were busy (seems last weekend was a big wedding weekend) so we had to go to plan B (casting calls).

Cool video. I always like seeing the behind the scenes stuff. You should do more of these types of videos for your shoots.

So why didn't you use your new fancy schmancy studio for this and eliminate the cost for rental space?

Awesome dude thanks for sharing the video with us

Cool video. I always like seeing the behind the scenes stuff. You should do more of these types of videos for your shoots.

So why didn't you use your new fancy schmancy studio for this and eliminate the cost for rental space?
I can only comfortably fit a single model, MUA and myself into my rather small home based studio. My buddy leases this studio for $200 a month, it's a time share deal. So we shoot there every once in a while (about once a month recently). It's nice having the facilities to setup for two full sets, have a dressing room, clothing rack, MUA workstation, and still have room to move around with 5+ people.

Most reactions

Back