Inside

silversprej

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm pretty much a noob in photography, but I really want to improve. Please tell me what you think! Any constructive advice is much appreciated.

2629650672_7c1818c135.jpg

Last edited:
welcome to the boards! i really like this shot. the lighting highlights her profile just right. well done.

I agree, a very nice image. The use of a diffuser against the window may have helped to soften the hard highlights on her nose and shoulder, but regardless, it works.

Silver- welcome. I will pick on you as I do others on here- when I have something to pick at. This is a gorgous picture. I would like to see a differant crop with the whole head in it- it may not work, also the small object in the upper corner is a small distraction. If you are going to the trouble of seting up a pose such as this, look for the details. I found that using a composing card helped me catch these little things- a card with your expected format cut out so that you can see the various shots off camera.
Great first posting, much better than most the have been here for a while, myself included.
Judge Sharpe

Thanks for your critigue, Sharpe! Actually, I thought of both of yours suggestions myself, and also tried them out in PS, but I actually like the original version better. At least concerning the litte troll in the upper right, I thought it was distracting at first, but when I cloned it away I realised it added something to the image. The alternative cropping I did kind of like though, but excluding the window made it more of a classical portrait then a story.

jagalternativpw4.jpg

jagklonadmd5.jpg

(The cloning is poorly done because I decided not to go with it.)

I would be glad to hear your opinion on the other versions as well.

I really like the original....very moody

I really like the original....very moody
I agree, but I would also like to see it worked. For instance, using a reflector to separate the girl's head from the background.

I agree, but I would also like to see it worked. For instance, using a reflector to separate the girl's head from the background.

Thanks for your advice! This was a pretty low-tech shot: just the natural afternoon light through the window, and a really long exposure time (several secs). I've never used reflectors before, but I'll try it some time! :)

i like the original most.

Most reactions

Back