Inspiration

chuasam

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
what do you do to find inspiration?
Many photos are just sharp or artfully composed but I want photos that move a person.
What do you do to improve the intangible quality of your images?
How do you find your concepts?

My GF and I talk about photography time to time and we were talking about the importance of finding inspiration and evolving as a photographer.

Find a key words and shoot it rather than wander about aimlessly with a camera hoping to get something.

There is an English author named Jonathan Gash whose main character is an antiques dealer named Lovejoy. Lovejoy is known as a 'divvy', short for diviner, someone who can tell a real antique from a fake in just an instant's look. He is signalled by a 'bong' note felt in his heart; he is moved by the authenticity of the object displayed by all the almost indiscernable cues.

I think that the challenge for a photographer is to be emotionally moved by something he/she sees and then capture that feeling in the picture.
The second challenge is to be certain that what he catches is universal enough for others to see and not just felt by the photographer.

You have to "feel" it.

Then you have to capture it so others can "feel" it.

I think both are kind of rare, but if you hit both, you're golden.

You have to "feel" it.

It's so difficult with Alexithymia. I'm thinking of doing a series about life with alexithymia.

You have to "feel" it.

It's so difficult with Alexithymia. I'm thinking of doing a series about life with alexithymia.

You need to work with what you've got.
If that gets you interested, do it.
I haven't shot much for a year because health problems in my family have taken all my attention and emotional energy so I have some small idea of what you are going though.
Perhaps finding an intellectual approach to a topic will be good for you.

There is a tradition here of telling everyone who's struggling that, if they try hard, they can do it.
I don't buy into that.
Only you can decide if you want to keep on struggling with this.

There's a tradition of dabblers here. Every time I want to give up my gf doesn't let me. She's a successful photographer but I've never seen anyone put in that much work and sacrifice. I don't know if I have it in me to push that hard.

There are many way I have find inspiration as like my office. My office always inspiration me every time.

There are many way I have find inspiration as like my office. My office always inspiration me every time.
Funny. I've found that office work tends to do the OPPOSITE of Inspiration.

Most reactions

Back