Inspire

Anubis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bryanmansell.co.uk
Who are your favourite photographers, and if you have one which is your favourite photograph.

I'll start :)

My photographers are Mitsuaki Iwago, Kennan Ward and Andy Rouse.

My number one photograph is by Mitsuaki Iwago, of a Lion killing a Wildebeest. The massive power of the lion is caught perfectly. Amazing!

I'm more inspired by the people who advanced the field. I'm very picky with what I like, so I can't say I like one photographer. It's like music, I like this song, and that one by that artist, and these other ones from that one...then after a year I like a whole other set. There are very few that stick in my mind and I personally think some photographers who are famous are over rated by other people's hype so in their minds, they love them too for whatever psychological reason. You know, IMO of course :)

So I'm always looking for new images that make me feel good, and want to try and do the same thing to see what I can accomplish. Ideas keep me going and it's fun to create and think what to do next.

Anything visually appealing (not necessarily showing great technical skills) is inspiring too.

Frans Lanting has always been a favorite of mine not only because of his photos but the stories he writes with them as well.

Art Wolfe always amazes me with both his photos and diversity of subject.

And there are a few photographers that show up in Arizona Highways every now and then who's work just inspires me to try harder, be more patient, and enjoy everything a little more.

My favorite is Yousuf Karsh. I've always found his use of light and the rapport he has with his subjects inspiring. I can't say I have a favorite photograph.

I love this sort of thread, because I always learn about photographers I never heard of.

Some photographers who have inspired me. And sometimes it's not their photos I find inspiring, but their ideas.

Sally Mann (her work with her kids, I'm not much into her recent work)

Harry Callahan (BW work)

Mark Cirut http://www.mcitret.com/index.shtml

James Nachtwey and Robert Capa inspired my interest in photojournalism. There's tons of others as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back