inspired snapshots....

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now don't get me wrong I'm not an elitist or anything, but I think a lot of the gallery stuff should really be in a section called inspired snapshots. If you go out on a saturday morning with your camera with nothing special in mind, then you shoot a picture of a cute baby, that is an inspired snapshot not a portrait. At least to me it is.

If you shoot a picture of your kid, just because he did something cute, that is a snapshot most likely.

If you set the kid up and do special things to make his picture that probably is a portrait, good or bad.

In case one you set out to make pictures therefore it is inspired.
case two it just happened.
case three you set up a specific shot...

Just my opinion.

Well, we do have the "Snapshots" forum - whether they are inspired or not is up to the viewer, I suppose. :mrgreen:

We do have a Snapshot and Bloopers forum...however it's up to the poster to decide if it was a snapshot or a photo that had some thought behind it. Since we have photographers at all levels it's impossible know what each was thinking when the photo was taken. Not sure if you're asking the moderation team to move the photos to the snapshot area, or advising the members to use it ;)

:lol: I type to slow, Terri!

Im not asking anyone to do anything. Possibly people might benefit from an idea of what the difference is between a snap shot of a person and a portrait of a person. I hope that was my only point. But in so doing there is a middle ground the inspired snapshot.

And I am glad you allow people with even my low level of talent and experience to participate.

On second thought never mind.

mysteryscribe said:
Im not asking anyone to do anything. Possibly people might benefit from an idea of what the difference is between a snap shot of a person and a portrait of a person. I hope that was my only point. But in so doing there is a middle ground the inspired snapshot.

And I am glad you allow people with even my low level of talent and experience to participate.

On second thought never mind.
Charlie, it sounds like you are suggesting an actual tutorial, of sorts, with examples of approach and mindset, as well as varying technical prowess - because it will all lead to different results. No argument there. :thumbup:

As our resident "scribe", I would love to see you put together something like that. I think our members would find it extremely useful.

It's been a while since we've made a general open request, but we are always on the lookout for articles, tutorials, etc, for publishing on the TPF front page, by our members. Go for it! :D

terri said:
Charlie, it sounds like you are suggesting an actual tutorial, of sorts, with examples of approach and mindset, as well as varying technical prowess - because it will all lead to different results. No argument there. :thumbup:

As our resident "scribe", I would love to see you put together something like that. I think our members would find it extremely useful.

It's been a while since we've made a general open request, but we are always on the lookout for articles, tutorials, etc, for publishing on the TPF front page, by our members. Go for it! :D

you walked into that one scribe! lol

i have noticed alot of stuff gets plonked in the general gallery that would be more appropriate in the landscape or portrait gallery and snapshot/bloopers gallery for that matter... I'm just as guilty of doing it as anybody else though

Most reactions

Back