Insurance?

I have a personal articles policy with State Farm that covers all my equipment. I gave them a list of everything I wanted to include with a dollar amout attached to each item. I listed my bodies, lenses, filters, flashes, cables, and even my laptop. This insures my stuff not only against theft but breakage as well. In PA it costs about $1.06 for every $100 you insure, so $10000 in coverage cost $106 a year. I think that is cheap for some piece of mind. There is no deductable on this policy.

Camera theft can be covered by homeowners/renters insurance even if it wasn't stolen from your home, however a deductable will apply.

K

I have all my camera equipment insured in an all risk policy.

it costs me about R5.00 (South Africa) for every R1000.00 of replacement value.

It took me very long time to accumilate my camera's amd goodies Replacement value about R45000.00. That is equal to my annual salary. Cant' afford to have it stolen without insurance, I'll never be able to replace it.

Hanno

My home-owner's policy covers my camera gear (in the house or out) and up to the value of everything in the house (not including the house itself). However, my deductible is $1000 which is too high to be useful for most of my gear.

I'm working on a rider to my policy that will insure just my camera gear with a deductible of $25. It should work out to a few dollars extra a month for $3000-$4000 worth of gear.

Most reactions

Back