Interested in Induro CLT204 Stealth Carbon Fiber Tripod

gossamer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, my Manfrotto 190 tripod was stolen so need to replace it. I bought it in 2014 before I was aware of the Arca mount type. I've since purchased a Peak Design strap with an Arca plate and would like to keep that format.

Manfrotto doesn't appear to play very well with Arca. It was necessary for me to purchase a little conversion piece to get the head to work with my strap. I'm not sure I want to do that again.

So I was considering Induro. I hadn't ever heard of them before. I was considering the CLT204 4-piece carbon fiber tripod and the BHL2S ball head. Does anyone have any experience they can share? Better than the 190 Manfrotto?

Of course I can read the online reviews, but I was wondering about the experience of people here, and if you had any similar suggestions. I don't have enough to purchase a gimbal head, and the $399 + $299 for this kit is already super expensive.

Is there any chance there will be discounts available for Black Friday in a few weeks?

I posted this message a few days ago regarding tripod recommendations and haven't received any responses.

Can I ask a more general question for a tripod recommendation? What's your favorite tripod+ball head combination for around $650 max? Do you expect there to be Black Friday deals?

I have the 204 with the BHD2 head and i am pleased with it. Without knowing what body and lens you will be using it might be a little light. I also have the CLT 303 also with the PHQ3 (package deal) head which i think is a little sturdier . The Induro tripods have a 5 year guarantee and if you register them online then it is 10 years. Induro does offer package deals from time to time. I am very happy with mine , when the PHQ3 arrived after a month or so i noticed that one of the levels had no buble a call to Induro they sent me 2 replacements and some screws incase i lost 1 in the process of changing the bubble. I see you are looking for a Gimbal head you might check out the Movo CF head i picked mine up last year for 169.00 Amazon .
Good luck
Troy

I have the CT-304 with a Kirk BH1 ballhead and am very happy with it - wouldn't hesitate recommending Induro products. I also have the Induro gimbal that mounts on the BH1 and am also happy with that arrangement.

One thing caught my eye - you are talking about using Peak Design arca plates. I use (and love) Peak Design straps but I am a little leary of their arca plates. They seem lightweight to me and not appropriate for a large DSLR with large lenses. Should say that that is only my opinion - I don't recall ever seeing a complaint about them.

Most reactions

Back