interesting movie about a "shutterbug" (large format camera)

gtaylor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw "Public Eye" from 1992 yesterday. Interesting movie about a street photographer in the '40's in N ew York.

He used what I believe to be a "large format" camera and I was fascinated by it.

Does anyone own one?

Yes, several of us own one. I used mine for the first time yesterday. Who was the photographer? Weegee?

interesting flick. Had never heard of him.

I am totally uninformed about large format cameras. What type of film and where would one get it? I loved that old camera he used.

interesting flick. Had never heard of him.

I am totally uninformed about large format cameras. What type of film and where would one get it? I loved that old camera he used.
You are not alone... Go have fun! :) There are many more forums out there.

Does anyone own one?

One or two, or maybe a few more. I still have the ex-RAF (Royal Air Force) MPP S92 I bought in the early '70s. I use a variety of LF cameras nowadays. Here is one of them, a Polaroid 110B converted to 4x5. Right now I'm being dragged into large format digital photography kicking and screaming, but I'll still be using plenty of film. I get most of my large format film from B&H or Adorama here in New York.

Good luck,
Helen

I have three, use two. I'll check the movie...

One or two, or maybe a few more. I still have the ex-RAF (Royal Air Force) MPP S92 I bought in the early '70s. I use a variety of LF cameras nowadays. Here is one of them, a Polaroid 110B converted to 4x5. Right now I'm being dragged into large format digital photography kicking and screaming, but I'll still be using plenty of film. I get most of my large format film from B&H or Adorama here in New York.

Good luck,
Helen

There is digital large format?

Is this movie online? Or does one need cable to watch it?

Most reactions

Back