Interesting?

Sebastian 16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this pic a couple of days ago, and i was wanting to enter it into a competition at my high school. i know there are some things that are technically wrong with it. i think it is good but i don't want to ask my family for advice because they will just say it is good when it really sucks. and that dosent help me. i have other pics but they aren't as good.
137.jpg

I like it, but I'm new to photography. Unfortunately, I think you'll get some pretty negative feedback from the pros saying that it's boring or that the only good thing about it is the shallow depth of field. For a high-school kid, I'd say go for it, because most probably will be this quality or less, and I mean that in the best way. It is pretty good for a high school competition, and you'll get better as you play and learn.

It is nice in the "arty" sense, but to be honest some may find it a bit boring. If you have other pictures, what's to stop you from taking more? carry your camera everywhere, and when you see an opportunity, seize it. I think that this photo may do well in the competition, but until then you should push yourself to take a better photo(to improve for your own good). That said, good luck in the competition!

I think you'll get some pretty negative feedback from the pros saying that it's boring or that the only good thing about it is the shallow depth of field.

are you just trying to upset people?

i think its a great picture... my main recommendation would be to try not to centre your subject... try using the rule of thirds.. as for the school competition.. what is the subject of the competition?

the subject is abstract nature i guess you could say. the other pics i have seen are mostly pic of the ocean. and that really isn't abstract.imo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back