Intermediate Photography

cleary71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites where I can find topics, tutorials or assignments that handle intermediate photography subjects. Most books I find in the book store talk about the basics (sunny f/16, depth of field, shutter speed, composition, etc . . . ). I feel I am slightly beyond that, but in no way up to or even close to the majority of the people on this forum. I know practice is the key, but there are a lot of things that I just do not know enough about even to practice them. Just a few examples would be when to push film, when to increase or decrease exposure stops and countless other things I do not know the slightest things about. Thanks!!

When you start moving up - as you are - books are not much good: you can only get so much from them on your own.
Websites - well there are loads of basic info ones. But it's the same info. Moving up and the free sites tend to go - we're talking money here and again you can only get so much from them on your own.
The best advice I can give is to look around at local Colleges for a course that suits you. you'll learn a lot more and quicker that way ;-)

i've learnt most on my own from practice and also talking to other photographers. i seldom read photography books but often search around the net for technical info about lenses, DOF, apertures... that sort of thing.

I loved using books to get started, but found that workshops and just plain old practice were what helped me advance. Taking classes or workshops with a good instructor can really help a lot. Once you get past technical apsects, things like composition, reading a photograph, style, working in series, etc., are what I found to be good to focus on.

Most reactions

Back