International Gay Rodeo Finals

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, just a short intro....These photos are from the International Gay Rodeo Association finals in Mesquite Texas held at Resistol Arena. There were your ordinary Rodeo events, as well as a few twists. One of the twists was the goat dressing. In this event, teams of men ran up to a goat and had to put "tighty whitey" underwear on them. Another unusual event was the "wild drag race". In that event they had to drag a steer over a preordained line and then a person dressed in drag had to get on top of the steer and ride back over the line. Pretty fun stuff. Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

1. A tumble during Steer Riding.
IGRA022.jpg

2. Rodeo clown strip tease.
IGRA003.jpg

3. Bull Riding. Some of these bulls are over 2000 pounds of pissed off beef.
IGRA021.jpg

4. Arena Judge
IGRA007.jpg

5. Team Roping....(poor calf!)
IGRA011.jpg

6. Drag Racer
IGRA010.jpg

7. A bad fall. This cowboy took a while to get up.
IGRA013.jpg

8. Rodeo Clown and Judge having way too much fun.
IGRA005.jpg

9. Barrel Racer
IGRA016.jpg

10. A bad spot to lay down
IGRA020.jpg

All images copyright Cindy Crabb/ONP

Wow, you've got some amazing pics here! I wish i could have been there... Actually, where is it happening?
Ha, the drag racer made me laugh! somehow reminds me of the Rocky Horror Picture Show... these things leave a strong impression.
Really good pics, I love them!!!
I've gotta be there next year!

Good stuff, Cindy! You definitely caught some of the better moments here - great action. :thumbup:

Great series! But I have to say anyone scared enough to wear a helmet has NO business trying to convince a 2,000 lb ribeye not to gore them!

very cool stuff cindy! thanks for the great captions...nice series :D:D:D

Just wanted to thank all you for looking. I don't have a "sports lens" so I used my 70-200. Handheld. Not easy as that sucker gets heavy. I should have thought to use a monopod, but I didn't. I'm trading my 70-200 in for an IS version, so that should help in the future. Again, thanks for looking, and thanks for being so nice about the photos.

that third shot is just classic rodeo stuff... love the fringe hanging..and the look on the bulls face...great shots cindy :thumbup:

Beautiful work!!! The fellas in yellow add the perfect splash of colour. The first 3 are my faves.

I live close to the local rodeo grounds, but have never photographed it. During the summer I kept threatening to go. Some how I could not get motivated. Dear friends of ours do Barrel Racing and Team Penning. Needless to say that gang is super fit in mind and body. I tried photographing Team Penning once. I barely got one good shot and they had to keep yelling at me to get out of the way.

elsaspet said:
Just wanted to thank all you for looking. I don't have a "sports lens" so I used my 70-200. Handheld. Not easy as that sucker gets heavy. I should have thought to use a monopod, but I didn't. I'm trading my 70-200 in for an IS version, so that should help in the future. Again, thanks for looking, and thanks for being so nice about the photos.

Isn't the IS even heavier?

intresting series, you have managed to capture some good action shots and some that capture the atmosphere of the competition, great job :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back