Internet freedom, licenses and unchecked email address

ArtphotoasiA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.corradoprever.photos
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To avoid misunderstanding let me say first of all that internet is free and must be free forever… also I think that from now on the net must seriously auto regulate itself to avoid big problems from politic in the near future…
I’m reading and thinking a lot about the freedom and democracy on the net, here in Italy (as probably someone of you know) we got quite an issue on that when after someone in Milan breaking security punched with a souvenir our prime minister face. Immediately through Face book and others social networks tons of groups was formed pro/against the fact and pro/against who did it. Now some politician wants close groups and social networks… or similar idiocy… the debate is wide open. Beside this local issue also in the international scenarios freedom and internet are very intimately connected as you see in Iran’s daily news.
I’m also reading and thinking a lot about the endless spam, the scams, the hyip, the others illegal business that no one check till they make disasters or rob people. Freedom means that anyone should be able to post his/her own opinion but also it means responsibility… freedom is power ad with great powers comes great responsibilities.
I’m a private owner of a website… and as many serious provider also mine I guess will immediately disclose my data and details if any investigation occur. I think this is normal and correct.
After I said the above let me underline that this does not happen with social networks where anyone can register open a blog or a forum or a group without anyone knows actually who he/she is. The main strong point of social networks, their force, is the total freedom, but if not well managed can be also their genetic weakness. At the top level there is always a free email… a free email address that no one have checked (yahoo – gmail – hotmail) with a free email address anyone can do whatever wanted. Is quite obvious that more we all are going forward more internet is not a game, is serious, an email can be used for bad and for good. It will be so undemocratic that before open an email addresses ISP will ask me copy of some ID card or something to check my identity?
- Free email address should continue to be unchecked?
The spread of knowledge is all but with billions on internet users… why not to start to really teach to people how to use internet.? Will be so undemocratic that before use internet I must have some kind of internet license covering my ID and covering the fact that I know how to use several tools (like a kind of driving license)?
- There should be a kind of license to use internet?

Simply put. NO! The internet should remain free and anyone should be able to protect their privacy while on the net.

skieur

I'm not sure whether or not this topic has the potential to get rather political, so I'll be keeping an eye on it. In the meantime, carry on.

I think that the internet should remain free, and hopefully it will.

My only hope is that one day it will be free, in a monetary sense...

I'm not sure whether or not this topic has the potential to get rather political, so I'll be keeping an eye on it. In the meantime, carry on.

Oh, I think it has potential...

The internet is not free. It costs me $49.00 a month.:er: So people who get if for free must be stealing it. :lol::lmao::lol:

The internet is not free. It costs me $49.00 a month.:er: So people who get if for free must be stealing it. :lol::lmao::lol:
I officially state, that from now and henceforth that the internet belongs to me. I held an election with myself and won. It was for a 1 day term, in which I declared myself internet owner/ruler for life.

So, chiller, the way I see it you owe me 49 bucks, and btw, the price is going up tomorrow. Oh, and somebody inform Al Gore.:grumpy:

J. :gun:

I officially state, that from now and henceforth that the internet belongs to me. I held an election with myself and won. It was for a 1 day term, in which I declared myself internet owner/ruler for life.

So, chiller, the way I see it you owe me 49 bucks, and btw, the price is going up tomorrow. Oh, and somebody inform Al Gore.:grumpy:

Now look what you did...you turned this into a political thread, cause you mentioned Al Gore. :delete:

:p:lol:

Now look what you did...you turned this into a political thread, cause you mentioned Al Gore. :delete:

:p:lol:
O.K. then, forget Al, just send me my $490 bucks (yes the price just went up), or I'll unplug the supreme server. I'll ban you all from the net, all 2.5 billion of you, if you mess with me.

Signed, Bearer and Ruler of the Supreme Server,
J.:grumpy:

The potential to get political? That diatribe by the OP is pure politics - and written by someone who hasn't yet realised that there is no such thing as Democracy. But I won't go into that as it is politics :mrgreen:
Suffice to say that the Internet is nothing but a toy. The sad thing is that way too many people take it seriously.

The potential to get political? That diatribe by the OP is pure politics - and written by someone who hasn't yet realised that there is no such thing as Democracy. But I won't go into that as it is politics :mrgreen:
Suffice to say that the Internet is nothing but a toy. The sad thing is that way too many people take it seriously.
Apparently you didn't read my post....that will be 490 bucks dude...price is going up daily.

J. (Supreme Ruler, Internet, for Life):gun:

As you can't actually own something that doesn't really exist, all I can say to that is: step away from the computer and seek psychiatric help as quickly as possible :mrgreen:

Here we are........ nice debate!

It should not be a political discussion, just care to read opinions and ideas... so keep on it.

I'm for the privacy of course... that is why if I can I prefer use anonymous solutions. But do not forget that we have 2 different kind of anunymus.

1) the first sight anonymus

Like using an anonymus domain reg... no one will read my details but of course ISP will disclose info if contacted.

2) total anonymus

No one will check no one will know... like using a free email address.

Beside that I pay a lot of money to have my web of course!! and about 49 euro / month for broadband connection.

:mrgreen:

Of course, if you strip your ISP info. off your internet activity, then it is private.

skieur

As you can't actually own something that doesn't really exist, all I can say to that is: step away from the computer and seek psychiatric help as quickly as possible :mrgreen:
You just moved up a notch on my list......let's see what exists, and what doesn't, when your IP disappears....:lmao:

Mad laughter, muhaahhaahaaahaa

J.:grumpy:

Most reactions

Back