Internships at TIME MAGAZINE

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by just x joey, Jan 23, 2007.

1. just x joey

just x joey TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i donno if this is the right spot for this post, but i emailed TIME magazine using the "letter to the editor" email link asking about internships and they emailed me back the next day! with an address to the internship department. i'm about to right a letter to them, anyone have ne suggestions on what to include in my letter?

2. digital flower

digital flower No longer a newbie, moving up!

Advice: Start your sentences with capitals. ;)

Once you write the letter you should have proofread by someone. I wouldn't make it too long either.

Good Luck.

3. just x joey

just x joey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :lol:

4. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I'm not trying to be mean, but based on how you wrote your question, I would definitely have your English teacher or someone good at editing proofread it for you. You want to appear your best when applying for those sort of things! Good luck!

5. THORHAMMER

THORHAMMER TPF Noob!

I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between a forum post and a letter

to the editor of time magazine. give him some credit.

I would check the website to see if they have requirements for this sort of thing. Besides that check the net for examples and see if any of that spurns you on to any ideas. See if you can find a phone # so you can follow up on it afterwards. Persistence !!!

Good luck.

6. just x joey

just x joey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    lol yah, i know how to write letters, i type quickly on forums and dont give about english and seplling, haha u think i woudl wright a letter with this online laguage? haha. ne waysss should i include like photo examples, a brag sheet? or what? somethimes it might seem bad to jsut brag about how good and expirenced you are right?

7. Funky

Funky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It reeeeealy depends man, they gave you the adress right? well send them your resume, or write them a loverly letter about why you want to inturn for them. I dont really know what to tell you besides that because i dont know how TIME works. but for my inturnship at the portland newspaper i didnt start lower down in the system, i started talking with the head editor and send her my work and it all fell into place from there. But being as TIME is a mega company you probably have to start from the begining. good luck and umm yea as thor said "Persistence" is KEY

8. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Again persistence is key. Proud to say that I have hung out with Mary Ann Golon during her stays in Jackson with Photography at the Summit. Of course she is a cool woman and an outstanding editor. Not sure of the procedure at Time, so you may be jumping thru hoops before it gets to her. I do know that she loves local photo essays. Know that she sees and manages an insane amount of images daily. She will be looking at only your work. Experience is key. So prove that you have experience with production and deadlines. A well written letter and resume is important, but it will only be used as a reference as opposed to a deciding factor.