Internships

bluemary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct sub-forum but I'm gonna go for it anyway.
I'm planning on going to the UK for a few months next year and I thought I might as well do an internship with a photographer or agency or magazine while I'm there. I know that most people wouldn't take an intern for a few months only. I'm willing to move to the UK if I find out that this is really what I want.
I was wondering,though, if I'll be able to work with the photographer or if I'll just be the girl that brings coffee and gets the laundry.
So, for those who have done an internship: How was it? What did you do?
And for those who would take an intern: What tasks would you give them?

And do I have a chance to get an internship although I have not graduated from an art school (I've done 4 years of art classes but not particularly in photography) and what qualifications do I need? Would you apply at an agency or magazine or try a photographer?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I might as well do an internship with a photographer or agency or magazine
Get more serious, 'might as well' sounds like they are desperate for you when in fact you should be desperate for them.
I'm willing to move to the UK if I find out that this is really what I want.
There are hundreds of interns lined up for this position who already know this is what they want.
I was wondering,though, if I'll be able to work with the photographer or if I'll just be the girl that brings coffee and gets the laundry.
Who cares, even if you get to observe from the background or listen to conversations, you'll be gaining knowledge and experience you could not get any other way.

I think you need to discover what you really want before making this decision.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back