Interrail!

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by anonymopt, Apr 11, 2007.

1. anonymopt

anonymopt TPF Noob!

Hey im going to make a Interrail in Europe! i've been checking the Olympus 550, Canon PowerShot S3 IS, CANON PowerShot G7

my favorite is olympus 550.. i dont want a SLR neither a small compact machine :s

The $ of the camera can be 500$/600$.

My main problem is the picture quality of the bridge cameras :s

2. andythebrave

andythebrave TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know much about the G7 but I had a hands on run through the SP550 and S3 less than 24 hours ago in the West End and my critical observations were that the Canon felt considerably better built and fit in the hands better too. The Olympus felt (and I said this to the assistant) like something from a Cornflakes packet in comparison. Of course, the killer 18x zoom may swing it for you but it's bound to struggle at one extreme or the other with aberrations. The Canon's zoom operation was smoother and the manual controls were intuitive - I was using loads of the options without even seeing a manual.

I'm in the market for this type of camera too so would be very interested to hear anyone else's opinions.

3. portersangel

portersangel TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am able to play around bit with all three of those cameras. My conclusions are based purely on my opinoin of coarse. I have found the sp550 to have a slower focus. The G7 is one of my favorites, simply because it offers more of the SLR like features. If zoom is what your after, I would recomend the S3IS. Over all performance of this camera, for the price, is awesome. http:///www.porters.com