Interview with a Kid: Santino

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well...im the Kid, and this is my interview with one of my personal favoirets (sp?) Santino.

I must apologise for my spelling mistakes now :)

y8gytv.jpg

First of all, let me say Hi and that I hope you enjoy answering these questions.

Alright....lets get started.

First of, lets ask a simple question which has probably been badgering most the users of this forum. Why have you called yourself "Santino", whats the story behind this name?

- A guy in the movie "The Godfather" (I think it was one of Don Corleone's sons) has been called Santino, I liked the name and I've got a weakness for italian names :)

Right, now down to the important stuff, we all know you shoot using medium format...but why do you shoot using meadium format? why not digital?

- First I enjoy when I can view a negative roll like prints, they are just huge. Number two is quality, MF has an amazing quality. Number three would be the square format of the Hasselblad, I like to take portraits and different objects which IMO require the square format.

Ok, so...an interesting question? what is yoru favoiret camera you own? and what is your dream camera?

- My favourite camera is the Hasselblad 500 C/M with a Standard 80mm CF Planar.
- My dream camera would be a Hasselblad too, I think I've already got my dream camera :) there are some dream lenses and accesoriers that I call my dream stuff. Well, there is a cam I would like to own, it's a Linhof panorama cam (MF off course ;)).

Do you want to be a professional photographer? or would you like to be something else?

- Yes, I would like to be a professional photographer, and if not, probably painter or some other kind of artist (maybe musician).

So we all consider you one of the Medium format/Black and white guru's, could you talk to us a little about that? tell us how you do it?

- At first I would like to thank you all who consider me as b/w guru :)

- And how do I do it? I got an idea, I want people to show my point of view of something, make them think about it, some kind of hidden message. When it comes to "journalism" (for example in Poland or other countries) I try to capture emotional moments, not how they really happened but how I had experienced them, I would like to give my pics my own hidden "signature", so my pictures aren't witness of reality but of my experience.

Who is your favoiret professional photographer?

- There is no particualar photographer, but when it comes to journalism it's James Nachtwey.

Who is your fav tpf photographer? or pick one of your favs?

- First there are so many talented people on tpf that it's really hard to choose just one, but if I had to choose one it would be anja (anua) because I love her style, I would put it in a similar section to my pics.

If you could share one thing with the tpf lot, or give us one gem of advice, what would it be?

- I will quote the great Salvador Dali "Do not fear mistakes, there are none".

I must thank Santino here for this great interview...and ill try and get some more done for you guys...if this is any good anyways...just tell me if you want more :)

Arti thanks for the interview! I liked to know something more about Santino and here it is :D :D thanks

Great interview! Arty, you did a fine job, like I knew you would. :thumbup:

Love hearing about your cameras, Santino. And more importantly, the thoughts that are going on within, when you use them. You seem to have a genuine artistic approach. I've been impressed with several of your images, and am looking forward to seeing more. :)

Great interview! Santino, we joined the site right around the same time and I've always been inspired by your work. Thanks for being a part of TPF and giving us a glimpse of the man behind the photos :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back