Interwork E-mail that I JUST recieved....

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"Paul – Barb is out. I just sent it to Valerie. I tried to send it to you but it kicked back – what is your email?"

I hope she's not getting paid more than me.

bace said:
"Paul – Barb is out. I just sent it to Valerie. I tried to send it to you but it kicked back – what is your email?"

I hope she's not getting paid more than me.

:biglaugh: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"Hello, tech support? I'd like to report a problem ... my computer isn't working. Yes, I've checked all the cables ... no, nothing is showing up. Power? Well, no, we've lost power due to the storm ..."

She's the one that made that call ...right?

Talking of dumb people, while this didn't happen in an office setting, but it is a story about dumb people thinking they are smarter than they really are. For many years, I have built computers and did home repair service as a side bussiness.
I went on a service call about 1989-90 I guess, CD drives were new and few machines had them. I only had a work order that stated this ladies new machine had a problem, no other info. (my 12 Y.O. son took the call) I arrived and the lady, very well-to-do told me her drink holder was broke. I informed her I was the computer tech, and I couldn't help her with her drink holder. She got very indignant and grabbed my shirt sleeve, dragging me to her computer. They was her CD drive door hanging down from its normally horizontal position, with coffee stains in her keyboard. Serious folks, I did all I could to keep from LMAO.

jstuedle said:
Talking of dumb people, while this didn't happen in an office setting, but it is a story about dumb people thinking they are smarted than they really are. For many years, I have built computers and did home repair service as a side bussiness.
I went on a service call about 1989-90 I guess, CD drives were new and few machines had them. I only has a work order that stated this ladies new machine had a problem, no other info. (my 12 Y.O. son took the call) I arrived and the lady, very well-to-do told me her drink holder was broke. I informed her I was the computer tech, and I couldn't help her with her drink holder. She got very indignant and grabbed my shirt sleeve, dragging me to her computer. They was her CD drive door hanging down from its normally horizontal position, with coffee stains in her keyboard. Serious folks, I did all I could to keep from LMAO.

:cokespit:

My last 8 years in the military was in the healthcare administration field. During one assignment, I was in charge of the hospital personnel office. I worked with dozens of medical professionals and attended meetings with their department heads on a daily basis. During one of these meetings, our IT guy was warning of the latest virii making the rounds when the chief of the dental service asked a question.

Now, keep in mind that dentists are in fact doctors. They go to medical school, learn the basics of anatomy, disease pathology, and what have you before they branch off and concentrate on teeth and gums. This particular dentist was a full-bird colonel with decades of medical experience. And all of this made his question all the more ridiculous...and that question was:

"Can our people catch these virii that are going around?"

I almost spewed my coffee. My boss suddenly found the wood grain of the conference table utterly fascinating. The IT guy couldn't speak for what seemed like a full minute. I could've sworn that my commander's eyes started to tear up. Up and down the table, others finally took in an audible breath, trying not to make it too obvious that they'd been holding it in to avoid laughing out loud.

PetersCreek said:
My last 8 years in the military was in the healthcare administration field. During one assignment, I was in charge of the hospital personnel office. I worked with dozens of medical professionals and attended meetings with their department heads on a daily basis. During one of these meetings, our IT guy was warning of the latest virii making the rounds when the chief of the dental service asked a question.

Now, keep in mind that dentists are in fact doctors. They go to medical school, learn the basics of anatomy, disease pathology, and what have you before they branch off and concentrate on teeth and gums. This particular dentist was a full-bird colonel with decades of medical experience. And all of this made his question all the more ridiculous...and that question was:

"Can our people catch these virii that are going around?"

I almost spewed my coffee. My boss suddenly found the wood grain of the conference table utterly fascinating. The IT guy couldn't speak for what seemed like a full minute. I could've sworn that my commander's eyes started to tear up. Up and down the table, others finally took in an audible breath, trying not to make it too obvious that they'd been holding it in to avoid laughing out loud.

1.gif
must be a West Point grad...

Most reactions

Back