Into the Hills of Tuscany

seven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
No, not the Tuscany in Europe :er:, I got your attention though (I hope). These are the hills of Calgary.

Post your thoughts.

notBW.jpg

Nose hill? (three hills.. swan hills. Oh dear.. Alberta sure has unique.. hills)

I like the colours and really like the leading-line of the path, but my eye seems to get 'stuck' between where the path disappears and the hills begin. Perhaps if you darkened the sky a pinch in photoshop it would help for the main focus to be the hills.
But I must say, I really like the use of shadows and the reddish hue of the grass.

I don't know why, but somehow this reminds me of the Scottish Bordercountry, seems like their hills are similar. But I've only been once, so I could as well be mistaken. But I once took a photo somewhat resembling this one there, just south of Edinburgh.

It's nice how that path leads us to the mountains. I like it.

I kinda like this image; tho I think I would crop it a little differently. It's tough to do a minimalist image no matter what, but I think you are on to something very fun here. If the clouds were a little lower, you could have cropped out more of the sky.

If you take your hand and crop out the top layer of the clouds tho, you have a bit to show...so a tighter crop might work (It does from here!)

It would further dramatize and perhaps lighten up the foreground and mid-ground. Give it a try; you have something to work with here and you are very close to getting it nailed down.

Nice work.

www.jefferyraymond.com

Hmmm... I took into consideration what all of you said... and tried to fix it... but I'm still a PS noob. I'll OTE it so you can show me what you think it should look like. I tried to edit it but I only made it worse... :-(

I really like your composition here, but the image appears a little too dark in the foreground on my monitor. I'd love to see a little more of that rich brown color.

Looks like a beautiful area! Hope you get out and shoot some more. :)

Here's a 3 min. touch-up. I was going for more of a saturated, 'surrealistic' look. I think I over did it, but hey, I had fun in photoshop.

57433313_0b4cb68ff4.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back