Into The Light

flashback1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_2334cropreduced.jpg

This was shot in the West Village. I was out in the afternoon and, as you can see, walking into the sun the whole time. Rather than be defeated by shooting into the sun, I experimented with a few shots to see what I could get. Then I took this shot. For me it works, but does it work for you?

Hmm, not sure ... it seems like the sun is too overbearing ... the other things going on (and there appears to be much going on) is getting lost.

Hmm, not sure ... it seems like the sun is too overbearing ... the other things going on (and there appears to be much going on) is getting lost.
That was kinda my point, getting the lens flare and the strong shadows. There are 'things going on' but I wasn't after any action per se.
Appreciate your comments.

NYC center of the universe.

I appreciate the shooting into the Sun, I appreciate the contrast ... But, (the big but), for me, as a stand alone picture, it lacks a strong, primary, viewer focus point.

I appreciate the shooting into the Sun, I appreciate the contrast ... But, (the big but), for me, as a stand alone picture, it lacks a strong, primary, viewer focus point.
You know, I always thought that landscapes lacked the same thing. I mean, other than the entire image. So a street shot of some sort can't exist simply for its own sake?

Which one is "The" West Village?
Maybe you meant, 'Which West Village in particular?' To which I would have gladly answered, "Why of course, the West Village, NYC."

Doesn't work for me.

I think that yes, more subject is needed. If the subject is the sun and the contrast on the scene, then so be it but I feel perhaps it is missing something in both them areas.

The landscapes that stick in my mind have a great focal point or subject, not to sure about street photography yet, still just looking :)

Is the " West Village" on Manhattan? Is that where Yuccies are from?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back