Into The Light

The lack of detail in this image doesn't work for me as a landscape. I appreciate your comment, I can see where you want to go ... But for me, I'm not there.

Which one is "The" West Village?
Maybe you meant, 'Which West Village in particular?' To which I would have gladly answered, "Why of course, the West Village, NYC."
No, I meant which one is the West Village; you stated this was taken in
the West Village
the use of "the" indicating that it is superior to others.
I don't know anyone who, when going there states, 'I am going to West Village'. It is always preceded with the article 'the'.
P.s. Nice to know that my photography and grammar can be corrected here ;)

The lack of detail in this image doesn't work for me as a landscape. I appreciate your comment, I can see where you want to go ... But for me, I'm not there.
Fair enough and I much appreciate your viewing and commenting. I maybe seeing something that either isn't there or only works in my head.
I have another shot I'll post separately.

I don't know anyone who, when going there states, 'I am going to West Village'. It is always preceded with the article 'the'.
P.s. Nice to know that my photography and grammar can be corrected here ;)
We're a full-service forum. :D

Doesn't work for me.

I think that yes, more subject is needed. If the subject is the sun and the contrast on the scene, then so be it but I feel perhaps it is missing something in both them areas.

The landscapes that stick in my mind have a great focal point or subject, not to sure about street photography yet, still just looking :)

Is the " West Village" on Manhattan? Is that where Yuccies are from?
I appreciate your viewing and commenting. It was (in my mind/eye) about the sun, shadows and contrast, I am understanding that my 'vision' may not always translate to others.
And yes, the West Village is Manhattan, and I do not know what "Yuccies" are.

Well, it does " work" for me in that context I suppose.

Yuccie is Young Urban Creative person. I think they would be found there. Drove theough there once on top of the big bus while honeymooning, but not sure really where it is. I'd certainly love to go back and shoot some yuccies.

Most reactions

Back