Into the pines

Very mysterious. The mass of darkness along the left and right edges serves to create a deep and ominous feeling, with the sky visible through the branches appearing to be a lightning bolt ending on the crouched figure in the lower center position. The woman (girl?) has a crouching, almost furtive posture, and there is something very unsettling about her look directly at us, the viewers. This could be a scene from a horror film. I've seen enough of your work to know that you won't be taking that as an insult or affront. You are a master at creating disturbing images, that lead us to question the visual metaphors we use.

Ummm,, thank you guys. You might also have noted that Chris is playing with our perceptions - we initially perceive the "little girl in a dark forest" as being the victim or potential prey, and then we realize that what we may be actually looking at is a predator.

It's a dark world that Chris takes us into - things are not what they seem, and you have to pay attention to the details to see what's actually going on, and even then, the interpretation can be ambiguous. That is what I really like about Chris's work in this and other images - he reminds us through his images that the world can be a dangerous place for the blissfully unaware.

Great image! Agree with Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great shot.

I looked at this on my phone initially, and couldn't get a good look. Just went back and opened on computer. YIKES that's freaky good!!!

Most reactions

Back