Into the Sun

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Spent two hours waiting for a bird to fly into approximatly the right position in the photo. The other people at the water front must of thought I went off the deep end looking into the camera every few minutes to check light levels.

intoSun.jpg

Nice pic. Did you shoot it in black and white or did you do it on PS?

If so post up the colour version, Id like to see it..

Thanks for posting the colour version. And as I suspected. I like the colour version better. What do you think ? I like the background and sky better with the streaks of colour through it and the glare of the water isnt so harsh in the colour photo.

Both are great but I like the colour version better. Cheers.

very nice Cruzin! without the highlighted area under his wing it would have blended into the background and not been as effective. i'm interested in your settings for this one.

Hoboske looking at them side by side like this I think I prefer the color also, thanks for the suggestion.

JonMikal I used a polorizer filter to cut the glare. The camera setting where f16, 1/1600sec, iso 400. The picture was taken about 9:00pm and the sun does not completely set till just before 11:00pm. I completely judge the exposure by the histogram and forgot to turn the iso back to 100.

Excellent Cruzin. I still have not figured out which one I like better. I keep flipping back and forth. Very well done. !!!

Cruzin, the colour here is perfect! Neat light and neat colours of the sky. Although there is not too much of colour but even this bit of, adds incredibely a lot to the picture! I love the light on the bird's wing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back