Into the Vein

CSRDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Into_the_Vein_II_by_astro308.jpg

This is my second attempt at this concept.
** IT IS A STAGED PHOTO NOT A REAL DRUG PHOTO**
^ just had to tell everyone so that no one is confused....

I used a meat tenderizer injector for this and a ace bandage to "tie" off my arm.

This took forever to get this shot.. I had to use the 5sec timer with remote, i took over i think some 60 pictures (some were for positioning and the rest were fiddling with the background). So when I would click the remote and the light would come on I would drop the remote out of the frame and put my body into position really fast.

I put the photograph in Photoshop and all i did was brightness and contrast and i blurred just a tad in spots that needed a little more. I didnt use a flash so there was some noise in the photograph which i feel gives it a textured feel (i only like it like that in B+W). I just used my room light as the main source for lighting (nothing special) but i wish i had some equipment that i could get ahold of to do some more lighting effects.

What do you all think?

-Matty R-

Despite this being the dark side forum, this shot is a little dark. (Shadow wise.) ;)
But other than that, I kind of like it, although anything related to needles scares me out of my wits.
Nice idea, though. I like how you're holding on to the bandage with your teeth, which gives the photo more of a 'mainiac' stance.

Is the photo trying to say 'don't do drugs' or is it trying to simply be dark by showing someone 'doing' drugs?

If you were going for a message-filled photo, I'd have probably put something in the background that represented the horrible things that are often associated with drug addiction (dirtiness, brokenness, things like that.)

There's just something about this photo that seems, I don't know how to put this, poser-esque. Like it was taken to be 'badass' and 'rough', and it ended up being, well, not either of those. Not sure though, I am rather tired and cranky HAHA, so take what I say with a grain of salt, maybe two.

im on the line about it, i like the concept, i think maybe its b/c it looks a little unreal to me. i grew up in a neighborhood where this was common and i recall the people looking a little more worn out. i would try to dirty things up a bit, mess up ur hair..

unless your going for the lawyer by day, drug addict by night kiinda thing.

why do you want this concept? think like a junkie. make it look realistic.... use a real needle, use makeup on the person. show desire in the subject's expression.

I agree with Trenton and Christina's thoughts.

not all junkies wear wife beaters. tell your subject to run around the block 2 or 3 times. then shoot. try and get some veins poppin up. in the arm. get closer, use a wide angle.

The photo does look very "posed". I like the idea of having the subject, you or whoever, run around the block a few times to get the blood pumping and sweat rolling a bit. Dirty up the shirt, dirty up the scene. I might "like" this shot better if it were taken from behind or over the shoulder to some degree where you can still see what's going on but it would look less like the person knew their photo was being taken. Just an idea. I can picture the scene in my mind but putting in text is a little harder to do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back