Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I meant to put this in "Lets see your camera"
Should be fun - I have 5 lens.
25272802877_d2d97ff924.jpg

With a Horseman 6x9 Roll film (120) holder.
39245666425_41b606298f.jpg

I have been looking at those. What lens is that?

Looks very nice ! Is it made from marine grade plywood ?

Ive been watching Intrepid for quite some time now. Its nice to see their orders going out

It's a 75mm Schneider. Camera was made for 90-300mm but by using a recessed lens board it works.
The build quality is pretty good considering it's plywood. The only drawback is the long wait time. I ordered the day after Thanksgiving.

I don't know anything about Marine grade but I would guess not.

It's a 75mm Schneider. Camera was made for 90-300mm but by using a recessed lens board it works.
The build quality is pretty good considering it's plywood. The only drawback is the long wait time. I ordered the day after Thanksgiving.
Yeah, I read it takes a couple months or more. I also read they are selling a lot of them or more than expected. I have watched a ton of video on them. I will probably start out with a 150 or 180 Fuji lens. I see you have a cool back on yours, how did you get that to fit so nicely? I may at some point upgrade the ground glass.

Yeah, I read it takes a couple months or more. I also read they are selling a lot of them or more than expected. I have watched a ton of video on them. I will probably start out with a 150 or 180 Fuji lens. I see you have a cool back on yours, how did you get that to fit so nicely? I may at some point upgrade the ground glass.

I bought the back off ebay for $130. In great shape. It's a 6x9 and fits like a glove except it was a little loose so I added 1 layer of gaffers tape and it's now snug as a bug. I'm not sure if a 6x12 back would work. I'll be testing for light leaks soon. If I need wider I'll just shoot pano and combine in Photoshop.
I have a 75mm, 120mm,180mm, and 210mm Schneider (all 5.6 except the 210 which is an 8.0). My 300mm fujinon is a T (telephoto) so it only uses 210mm of extension.
I figure it this way. This was only $300 and the next step up is a Chamonix but it's $1100 and weighs in at 3.5 pounds I think. This is 2 lbs.
I'll test the ground glass and if needed add a fresnel on the back.
Film and developer from Freestyle should show up today. :)

I don't know anything about Marine grade but I would guess not.
Marine grade plywood resists water and do not warp. But Intrepid uses birch plywood and varnishes. Very good to.

Most reactions

Back