Intro and a few photos

Proteus617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings! Recently I've been playing around with delta 3200 in a rebel g. Scanned from negs at fairly low resolution. What do you find most distracting? Grain? Artifacts? Scanner noise? Focus or exposure issues? Tear em up!

FerryPipesA.jpg
FerryPipesARlg.jpg

DanceHall1Alg.jpg

DanceHall1A.jpg

I find them very interesting. I like the contrast and grain. They do seem to have an excess of artifacts, or maybe a little over-sharpened. It's hard to tell in the small samples here. If I were to make one single comment, I would point out the barrel distortion in the last one. I assume you used a zoom at it's wide end? That is really the first thing that jumped out at me.

I find them very interesting. I like the contrast and grain. They do seem to have an excess of artifacts, or maybe a little over-sharpened. It's hard to tell in the small samples here. If I were to make one single comment, I would point out the barrel distortion in the last one. I assume you used a zoom at it's wide end? That is really the first thing that jumped out at me.

Artifacts,not sharpening (haven't figured that out yet). as for the samples, I'll resize and post. And yes, that is a 35-80 zoom at the wide end. Thanks for the feedback.

I actually kind of like them, it would be really nice to see bigger versions.

I bought two rolls of the 3200, kind of stupid thing now that i think about it it get dark so late and my latest project is street photography and most people are not out by the time its dark........ sorry had to go on a little rant....

i would really like to see bigger scans so i could see what i should expect from the 3200....

I liek them I think all the grain and noise enhances the mood.

These photographs are actually really good, and let me tell you, grains or noise is NOT a problem.

There are real, real lots of professional photographers I see everyday whose award winning pictures are full of noise. Your composure is very good indeed - I just would like the photographs to be a bit more exposed so that details in the dark would come out. well done with light and shadows my friend ! :)

I really like the second image, nice to see film based photo's. The noise, grain issue is not a concern until you know what purpose the images are to be used for. Often the use will dictate if grain/noise and distortion is good or not.

Personally I like grain on black and white film and hate noise in digital.

Thanks for showing us these images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back