Introduction and a Couple of Photos from Spain

marka87uk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm pretty new although I've been lurking around for quite a while, staring in amazement at some of the photographs you guys produce!
I recently bought myself a FujiFilm E900, and as I was going on a visit to Spain that very same day, it was a perfect opportunity to try it out!

I'm no photographer (yet!) by any means, and unfortunately it was in Auto for these photographs, but I look forward to staying around and learning more on using the manual modes and different tips and techniques to make photo's have that 'wow' factor! ;)

Here are a couple from the trip which were my favourites. The only post-processing done is the border and slight tweaking of levels. The composition's are the same as were taken, and any feedback is welcome! :)

castle.jpg

fence.jpg

couple_on_beach.jpg

mountain_view.jpg

square.jpg

First off, welcome to TPF

Second off, I can tell that you have an eye for composition. The next step is bringing out the tones, contrasts, etc of the images, either through manual settings on the camera (not as scary as it sounds ;)) or Photoshop or other post-process work

Welcome again :)

I like the third pic. I wish I were there...

you certainly have an eye so when you get your head round the technical aspects you should be great! :)

Thanks guys! Photos have always interested me so I guess when you have an 'artistic eye' it helps!

I tried to pay as much attention as I could to the composition of these photos, and to be honest, I think the Auto mode worked pretty well for these shots anyway!

Here are a couple more which I liked (I ended up taking over 200 photos...)!

arch.jpg

Random Spanish man taken with the optical zoom and then cropped:

bench-man.jpg

And a play with the Macro mode (I'm really pleased with this camera! :)) :

flowers.jpg

I like #2 & 4. Both well composed. I reckon you could still squeeze more colour saturation tho' on the shots. Good eye as well. What part of Spain is this, I'm off the Murcia, in the south this July. :)

Thanks, it was parts of the coast stretching between Almeria and Alicante. The castle is in a place called Huercal Overa. :)

Ah, thanks for that additional info, marka, and hallo and welcome to ThepPhotoForum, too :D.

These are some nice photo taken in a beautiful part of the world and I was trying to find out the location by trying to find out what flag it is in the first but didn't get far in my research. So thanks for telling us.

Lovely weather and the typical bold colours of a Mediterranean Sun against a wonderfully blue sky. Very nice. So you took over 200 photos? Well, I'm afraid I arrived at 2600 after our summer holidays - two weeks away - :oops:

So never worry: if there is much to see, take many photos!

As to the composition: I am not so fond of the centred horizons in your photos 3 and 4, but I quite like the scene and framing of scene behind the scene in the first photo of your second lot and the close-up on the flowers.

Very nice shots! I also recently got a FujiFilm FinePix E900 as a birthday gift from my parents. I really enjoy the camera so far. Keep up the good work. :)

As to the composition: I am not so fond of the centred horizons in your photos 3 and 4, but I quite like the scene and framing of scene behind the scene in the first photo of your second lot and the close-up on the flowers.

Thanks! Where would you suggest the horizon should be placed on those images?

Very nice shots, I like the composition.

My only critism (if you can call it that) is that the horizons in 1 & 2 are slightly off ie not straight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back