Inukshuk composition

earthmanbuck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from a camping trip—I kept coming back to this little inukshuk on the shore at various points, and am looking for tips or comments about composition. I don't love any of these shots, so feel free to really lay into them!

IMGP1801.jpg
IMGP2082.jpg
IMGP2176.jpg

My own thoughts:

#1: like the placement, but the silhouette hits some of the background kinda weird
#2: like the silhouette and the colours, don't care for the placement much
#3: love the colours and silhouette, don't like the graininess (this was a VERY low light picture). Also don't like the jet stream

The last one works best for me. Graininess is not an issue and I wouldn't worry about it. You can always easily remove the jetstream with LR o PS. I don't like the composition of #2 at all especially with the landmass through the middle. #1 not as bad but still that landmass ruins it.

I like them in reverse order, with 3 being the best, 2 nexct, and 1 the least interesting shot. You could try some noise reduction on #3...great sky colors!

I like 2 and 1 but I'm undecided on the order. The scenes need some snow.

I like them in reverse order, with 3 being the best, 2 nexct, and 1 the least interesting shot. You could try some noise reduction on #3...great sky colors!
Me too but I would lighten it up just a little. It looks underexposed by a stop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back