Inverted Light Painting

3bood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fluidr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have quite some time on my hands till the start of the next semester so i thought i should experiment with some ideas i have been putting off.
I hope the photos are not so bad.
(Total: 2 photos)

4941785450_1df23e0b14_z.jpg

4941214685_43553a9580_z.jpg

Now that's something you don't see every day! Never thought of inverting a long-exposed flashlight shot... good one!

I would have never thought of that! good stuff.

If you would like an additional outlet to share your photos, I've just started a new Facebook group called "photo enthusiasts" (Just go on face book and put the name in the search box.) You are welcome to join us! The more the merrier!

I used my 1000D on a tripod, a dark room, and the flash on my Nokia E63 (don't own a flashlight, lol)
I set up the camera+tripod, focused it at where i would be doing the light painting and then set it to Manual focus (so it doesn't refocus when i press the shutter), put it on a 10 second timer, turned off the lights, and then started making the shapes with the light from my phone's flash.

In PP, just sharpen the photo using the Unsharp Mask feature in Photoshop, and then invert it...after that, mess with the curves and the hues to get the kind of color you want.
There is one last one that i didn't post, you can see it here ---> Inverted Light Painting: Attempt No.3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm a long exposure buff, so it was real fun taking the shot, hope you have fun too :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back