Iowa Flood pictures

Tokyudo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi and share some pictures I took from the recent devastating floods in Iowa. I am a beginner photographer so please feel free to critique or give any advice.

img3027ll3.jpg

img3032pu5.jpg

img3033me2.jpg

img3045li9.jpg

img3047gc4.jpg

img3058pk6.jpg

img3057az4.jpg

img3051dw3.jpg

img3052zq7.jpg

img3055ae1.jpg

Bambi Rescue
img3060zj7.jpg

img3062dw7.jpg

img3063lm7.jpg

img3067yx8.jpg

img3075oz2.jpg

img29691wv6.jpg

img3224ov0.jpg

img2978nh1.jpg

img2992as1.jpg

You have some good shots there. Interesting how female deer will leave their young to drown... I am in northeastern Missouri, and I read a report that the Quincy, IL authorities have over 30 fawns rescued from the water where their moms swam off and just left them.

BTW I am assuming that is Sans Souci island in Waterloo, right?

wow.

thats devastating, my prayers are with anyone who had to go through this disaster

BTW I am assuming that is Sans Souci island in Waterloo, right?

That is correct. These pictures are heartbreaking but at the same, they need to be seen because a lot people underestimate the power of floods.

Fortunately for the people of Sans Souci, they all have flood insurance. I can't say that for a lot of other people though :(

The people of Sans Souci had BETTER have flood insurance where they live... an island in the middle of a river that is prone to flooding is one heck of a place to be without it.

wow that is a arsh flood there but i love the pic of the fawn the most

The duck seemed unaffected? (lol)

Seriously, I do hope no one was lost or injured. My thoughts to all the residents, human AND animal.

Nice shots.

that's horrible! I hope everything turns out ok for them. When did this happen?

Nice photos btw

that's horrible! I hope everything turns out ok for them. When did this happen?

Nice photos btw

Thanks. The floods happened in early/mid June.

The people of Sans Souci all have flood insurance because they live in a flood plain. However, there are a lot of people were affected and can't get flood insurance because the area where they live wasn't considered as a 'flood plain'.

I had a co-worker had 5 feet of water in her basement. I helped her dismantle the pool table when it was all said and done :(

The fawn shots are the real money shots. But they all show how bad it was. National Flood insurance is a joke. I tried to get it but, they refused me because, I was next to a creek.

Oh dear, I would not want to have half my living room filled with river water!
We had footage of the floods on TV, of course, back when it happened, also footage from out of a helicopter to show the sheer expanse of water that enveloped everything, towns, farms, everything.
And those houses are primarily built from wood (timber), aren't they? How are you ever going to stop the bottom part from rotting away, once the water is gone?

Most reactions

Back