2.7 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5631000.jpg
    IMG_5631000.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5528000.jpg
    IMG_5528000.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
Great shooting!

Not bad; it looks like you were working right at the ragged edge of you gear's capability. I would suggest being a little more careful with your framing. In all but the mascot & last image, you have at least one "half person" competing for attention as the main subject of the image. Consider shooting broader and cropping in post to suit.

As tireiron mentioned, your framing is off. Typically, when shooting a sport which uses a ball/puck/scoring device, you gotta have the ball/puck/et al in the frame. (There are always exceptions.) You captured some good expressions but the game is all about scoring ... expressions are good ... scoring is good ... good expressions while scoring is best. The IQ isn't very good.

As tirediron said, basketball is one of the few sports where shooting wide and cropping in post is the best method, assuming you have the resolution to do so. Solid set overall, but you were definitely at the edge of your gear's limits.

My only critique (and I'm aware it's out of your control at venues like this most of the time) is that I don't like how you're shooting at a downward angle to the subjects. Basketball is (traditionally ) best shot sitting or kneeling at one of the end lines or corners.

As tirediron said, basketball is one of the few sports where shooting wide and cropping in post is the best method, assuming you have the resolution to do so. Solid set overall, but you were definitely at the edge of your gear's limits.

My only critique (and I'm aware it's out of your control at venues like this most of the time) is that I don't like how you're shooting at a downward angle to the subjects. Basketball is (traditionally ) best shot sitting or kneeling at one of the end lines or corners.

I appreciate all the feedback.

Totally correct on the angle, 4 rows up. Basically, if you see high school photos from me, I'm usually on the field (court, etc) but if it's college or higher, I'm that annoying guy in the stands haha.

That was my frustration when I was looking at these yesterday, damn girls were always so close together haha. I felt like, sadly, my two best (outside of the mascot) were the dueling #11s bc it was just them.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

Back