iPad Camera Connection kit & the D7100......

Divatologist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I 1st bought my D7100, my iPad camera connection kit worked fine. Then all of a sudden it stopped working. I tested the connection kit on my D90 just now and it worked flawlessly.

The 1st thing that happened was the pics in the camera would appear on my iPad. When you hit the ones you want to transfer, a red exclamation point comes up instead of the green check that appears when your pic has been successfully transferred. Now when I take pics and use the connection kit, it doesn't even recognize that there are pics on my camera. I remember reading about there being a problem if the file names were changed from the DSC name. I reformatted my card a couple of times and I'm wondering if that may be the problem. I also entered some info under the copyright and comment inputs.

Has anyone else had a problem with the iPad camera connection kit and the D7100? I have the iPad 3 by the way. I googled it and saw that another person with a D7100 was having the same problem, but Apple support just gave that person a link to general info on the connection kit. It didn't really give any solution pertaining to the connection kit and the D7100.

Thanks Guys! Have a great holiday weekend! Remember those that have served our country and those that meant so much to us and are no longer here.

I also found this. I have the 32gb Sandisk extreme pro. I don't know if this one is formatted in the ExFAT they are talking about. I googled it to see if I could find out if my SD card was ExFAT, but didn't find it.

Since modern SDXC cards come formatted in ExFAT, this whole kit becomes completely useless: you can't connect a camera via USB, because it (the camera) also gets charged via USB, so iPad will simply disable the port altogether ("Accessory draws too much power" or something to that effect), and you can't plug the SDXC directly, because iPad apparently can't read ExFAT formatted drives.

ExFAT is the default file system for SDXC for its higher performance features and larger maximum file size supported than the older FAT16 or even FAT32. New HD cameras can't work properly with flash drives formatted in FAT32 (example - GoPro Hero3 Black Edition with ProTune on, or at super-HD resolutions, like 2.7k or 4k), so you have to use ExFAT... Which makes it impossible to preview the footage on an iPad, using this kit.

I just took the SD card from my D90 and put it in the D7100 on took a pic with it. It still says no photos to upload. I put the SD card back in the D90 and took a pic and it appeared on the iPad and uploaded with no problems...*heavy sigh*

The iPad connection kit has two adapters... are you plugging the camera into the iPad? or the SD card into the adapter?

I've used mine on the D7100 a few times without issue (SD card into adapter).

I have tried both adapters.

When I 1st bought my D7100, my iPad camera connection kit worked fine. Then all of a sudden it stopped working. I tested the connection kit on my D90 just now and it worked flawlessly.

The 1st thing that happened was the pics in the camera would appear on my iPad. When you hit the ones you want to transfer, a red exclamation point comes up instead of the green check that appears when your pic has been successfully transferred. Now when I take pics and use the connection kit, it doesn't even recognize that there are pics on my camera. I remember reading about there being a problem if the file names were changed from the DSC name. I reformatted my card a couple of times and I'm wondering if that may be the problem. I also entered some info under the copyright and comment inputs.

Has anyone else had a problem with the iPad camera connection kit and the D7100? I have the iPad 3 by the way. I googled it and saw that another person with a D7100 was having the same problem, but Apple support just gave that person a link to general info on the connection kit. It didn't really give any solution pertaining to the connection kit and the D7100.

Thanks Guys! Have a great holiday weekend! Remember those that have served our country and those that meant so much to us and are no longer here.
I had exactly the same problem with my D7100 and Ipad; sometimes it worked and sometimes I'd get those red exclamation points when I tried to transfer NEF files - solution is to close all open apps (double click on the HOME button and then press on the icons at the bottom for a second then delete all of them; not to worry it just turns off active apps and doesn't delete the apps) or reboot (power off and on). You can google to see this solution posted in apple forums.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back