iPhone lens kits

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my girlfriend, god bless her, has been joining me a lot lately on my photo missions. We do a lot of hiking for sunrise/sunset and going to a lot of amazing places, she's quite a trooper actually. She usually takes a bunch of photos on her phone, just documenting the journeys. I thought it'd be fun to pick her up one of the lens kits for iphones, just to give her some more options while I'm running around like a madman shooting. She won't be too concerned about IQ, sharpness, etc. Anybody have any experience with these things?

I hear about them, and laugh at the idea. But some say they work, but at the end of the day, its still just a phone.

If they are cheap, I say go for it.

I hear about them, and laugh at the idea. But some say they work, but at the end of the day, its still just a phone.

If they are cheap, I say go for it.

I mean, I hear you. I just want to give her something to do while we're out hiking and stuff. She enjoys going out but I thought it'd be fun, and she said she doesn't want to carry an actual camera

Oh please the phone is a fine camera. I've seen some amazing images that have come from the iPhone. It's MUCH more about the person using the camera.

As for attachments for the iPhone. I had a olio clip for my old phone and it does a good job. The problem I had with is is it would not work with cases and most of the time you don't actually have it with you.

If I was going to spend $500, it'd be on a lens for myself! Call me selfish.

She doesn't consider herself a photographer or anything, I just thought it'd be fun to get her a little something to make her iphone photos better.

Get her a gopro. I've been wanting a gopro to setup behind me to take timelapses of the sunset while I'm photographing it...

I've looked at the ollo clip lenses and such. They seem cool, but I'd rather spend the money on real gear.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sketchpad & pencils?

My wife used to work at Restoration Hardware and got me THIS as a gift.

It's better than I would have thought, but I wasn't expecting much...so I'd say that the image quality is just ok.
The lens itself does feel pretty good, it's made of aluminum.

damn you folks must think I got deep pockets. Any extra money I have is going into my gas tank for more photo adventures, especially with fall foliage SO close. I figured those lens kits are like $60, which I can handle, and still have enough to explore lots of new places with her.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back