iPhone or Samsung?

I have tested both, an iPhone 7 and a Galaxy S7.
In my opinion the Galaxy S7 makes better photos. They just look more realistic.

And i personally dont like that software effects of the iPhone 7 Plus.

Best regards

I also think the Galaxy S7 pics are more realistic (for a cell phone pic)

Galaxy S7 by c w, on Flickr

I'd recommend Galaxy S7, it has the best camera among the phones I've tried. I have Galaxy S5 myself, I won a photography award with a photo taken with S5. I got an A3 sized print of the photo and I have to say that it's not bad, the resolution is not as good as some of the dslrs but still amazing for a phone. The photos are realistic and you can get beautiful bokeh. S7 is even better, I photographed a small school event with it and the photos were really nice, it's a joy to take photos with that phone.
20160911_162217-2.jpg

Vouch the Samsung Galaxy S7.

I just came from Apple and I have to say the Samsung phones take incredible pictures in comparison.
The photos look more natural and it operates better in low-lighting.
On a non-photography standpoint an argument to add to it's value is the CPU and RAM performance being much better. The RAM is twice that of the new iPhones making picture editing and social media posting a breeze.

Good luck.

I'm waiting for my Samsung galaxy S7 to replace my S4 to arrive. Any hints?

The S6 has a nice pro mode with manual controls, as far as I know they ported that to the S7 too. It's a great feature.

I Don't rate the camera on thd S5, the camera on the S6 is much better in real life situations.

I'm waiting for my Samsung galaxy S7 to replace my S4 to arrive. Any hints?

The S6 has a nice pro mode with manual controls, as far as I know they ported that to the S7 too. It's a great feature.

I Don't rate the camera on thd S5, the camera on the S6 is much better in real life situations.

Yeah the Samsung Nougat update made the camera app even better, nice and simple now. Pro mode is very easy to access, pretty much just a swipe lol.

Just got an S8 and pleased to say initially it looks great. It's got a few cool features and retains pro mode (though the they've used the widely accepted aperture symbol above the setting for shutter speed which buggs me). The camera is a massive step up from my old S5 and It's got a 360° shooting mode that you can take and the pan by tilting the phone which is awesome, time lapse, slow no and decent long exposure settings. Even has focus peaking in manual mode. Low light potential is excellent, with the camera doing a good job indoors on auto settings. I can even adjust the white balance of the screen.

Just got an S8 and pleased to say initially it looks great. It's got a few cool features and retains pro mode (though the they've used the widely accepted aperture symbol above the setting for shutter speed which buggs me). The camera is a massive step up from my old S5 and It's got a 360° shooting mode that you can take and the pan by tilting the phone which is awesome, time lapse, slow no and decent long exposure settings. Even has focus peaking in manual mode. Low light potential is excellent, with the camera doing a good job indoors on auto settings. I can even adjust the white balance of the screen.

I just went from an s4 to and s7 and noticed a big jump in the capability of the camera. All the same stuff you mentioned. I'm quite pleased with it, actually.

The S7 still impresses me camera wise. Of course, there are limitations. I'm glad they Samsung fixed a RAW shooting issue with Nougat. Before you almost always had to select save raw + jpeg before shooting and now with Nougat you can leave it enabled and everytime you go into pro mode, it will save raw files. But honestly...I haven't been shooting raw all that much with my phone, only if I see something that is worth post processing.

Last edited:
Just took this tonight of my uncle being silly at a party with my S7. SOOC Jpeg and it was pretty much pitch black. I think it handle it fairly well.

20170624_210947.jpg

That's pretty cool! I didn't even know you could get the raw files!

(Rushes away and starts googling "raw" and "Galaxy S8")

That's pretty cool! I didn't even know you could get the raw files!

(Rushes away and starts googling "raw" and "Galaxy S8")

You just have to plug the phone into your computer to download the raw files since they are not visible on the phone.

Most reactions

Back