iPod camera remote?

VADER1775

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've recently started shooting with my D80 tethered to my macbook. I see that there are a few ipod/iphone camera remotes available. Has anyone used any of them? Im mostly interested in the Mug Nikon Ilive as featured in the itunes store, but there are no reviews for it.

I wish i knew how to put a link here but i don't, and for that i apologize.

Thank you

From what I've heard, you still need to have the camera tethered to the computer while controlling it with your iPod/iPhone. So it's basically useless.

Now if it works without the computer, just iPod direct to the camera...that would be interesting.

From what I've heard, you still need to have the camera tethered to the computer while controlling it with your iPod/iPhone. So it's basically useless.

Now if it works without the computer, just iPod direct to the camera...that would be interesting.

This is what i am waiting for. Proprietary cable would be pricey, but it would be really nice! I would pay a few bucks to have the ability...

What you could do, is just get a netbook and install your camera utility software. Those little netbooks are pretty small (bigger than an iPod though) and not really that expensive. Plus, they could also be used for in-field back-up...or anything else that you can do with a netbook.

I already have a netbook (Samsund NC10) set up just like that. I guess the appeal of the iPhone is the size and weight of it. Once you've got a 5DII and a bunch of 'L' series stuff to lug around, you don't really want to be adding to it if you don't have to.

Once you've got a 5DII and a bunch of 'L' series stuff to lug around, you don't really want to be adding to it if you don't have to.
Or...since you have all that stuff already, adding a netbook is like spit in the ocean ;) :lol:

My last on-location shoot I was using a light stand with B800 and battery pack and just in case, I tossed a couple sand bags into my camera bag....that was heavy. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back