ipod help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Andrea K, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

i need mucho help with this, though im not sure if there's much that can be done...well my ipod will not turn on and the computer will not recognize it. this is not an unusual problem for me but it only lasts about a day and then it will evenutally turn on and have very little battery power; however this time it has not turned on in about 3+ days. do you have any suggestions for me, this p.o.s. is really irritating me? anybody with the same problem that can share their comforting stories :hugs: ? should i just whip out the hammer? i doubt the hammer because i think it is still on some kind of warranty but im not sure.

thanks for reading/helping

2. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Phone up the shop you got it from and tell them. They have to fix it or replace it if you've only just bought it. Then/or get hold of Apple. It sounds ****ed to me. Sorry.

3. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

update! update! update! i plugged it into the pc on a whim and it magically turns on! YAY and as im watching it it just turned itself off and started it self up really quickly...now it says its having a battery emergency, stay with me whilst i try to revive it...yay its now charging. perhaps a little tough love was all it needed :thumbup:

4. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

yea its still prob broken but i guess ill have to take it to the place i bought it from when its in a broken state and hope that it doesnt work when they mess with it there. i will prob try to get them to send me a new one soon (so hopefully and most likely it will break again) before august because it will be one year then and im not sure how long the warranty lasts, but im pretty sure its at least one year

5. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Take it before. Explain what's up and they'll have to act. That's how the law here goes anyway. You've bought an item, it doesn't work or operate as sold and therefore you can get an exchange or your money back.

6. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

it was under warranty so now i have to pack everything up, ship it to either apple or the company i bought it from and they will send me a gift card to go buy another one at the store! yay! lets hope this next one is better (yea right! ;) )

7. graigdavis

graigdavis TPF Noob!

Apple is awesome with replacing iPods. I havnt had a problem with either of mine. But my friends broke and he had a new one in his hands in a few days. Im holding out for the next generation iPod. Hopefully its an iPod video. Or Im going to get the Cowon iAudio X5.