iPod photo and a Digital Camera

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Dweller, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Is there any way to directly like an iPod photo and a digital camera for offloading pictures in the field? At 40GB and 6 ounces its an excellent solution.

2. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Photos OK to edit
    Coffee first... THEN post...

Here it is

Somehow I missed this in my initial searches... now the question I have is what other MP3 players (less $) also support something like this. The other day I saw a product that was basically a portable picture viewer with a hard drive in it, for about the same cost as the 40GB iPod photo. Since this can do MP3 thats a nice bonus, but now I am wondering if I can do something like this with another brand.

Playing MP3 and moving photos from the camera to the hard drive are the most important, and I must be able to do it in the field. Displaying them is just a bonus.

3. Unimaxium

Unimaxium TPF Noob!

Northeastern University, originally from Philly
    Photos OK to edit
    That device will transfer the photos from your camera media card onto the HD of the iPod, but unfortunately I don't think it will put them in the right place for you to view them on the spot on the iPod photo. All it's made for is unloading your card so you can take more shots; not so that you can preview them. I could be wrong, as I don't have any experience with the ipod photo, but I know that device has been around longer than the iPod photo, which makes me suspect it doesn't support any more than just transferring the files.

If you don't really need to view them in the field, then it would be cheaper to just get a lower-end iPod, like the 20GB, which is $300. That's vs. $500 for the low-end (40GB) Photo model.

4. DavidGeorge

DavidGeorge TPF Noob!

I bought an ipod photo last nov, untill now, havent used their "photo function" ...
    doesnt mean I dont want to... but I dont know "how to" ...
    everybody said it's easy.. but not for me.. chances are I am a PC oriented guy .. not Mac

5. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

I think the lastest version of iPod photo allows you to upload directly. Here is what I found on the Apple site:

Both models (30 GB and 60 GB) can import photos from your digital camera via the iPod Camera Connector, arriving in March with new iPod photo software, for instant viewing and slide show playback on iPod photo.

The iPod Camera Connector is a new device from Apple. Not the one from Belkin. So it looks like this will be out this month.

6. marmots

marmots No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I am really curious how people find these threads from 2005!!!!

7. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    They're spammers.... they don't care. All they care about is ignoring forum rules about spamming threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.